✩ "ROTTEN CAKE" EPIDEMIC ✩

En başından başla

And that was how they ended up on Frank's couch, Gerard running his hand through Frank's short hair as Frank told him about his day.

It wasn't eventful, well, more eventful than usual but anything was. He had spent most of the day filing paperwork and helping track IP addresses. Nothing spectacular. But with the way Gerard was listening and smiling at him, you'd think he was talking about the most interesting thing in the world.

"Did you end up eating that cake though?" Gerard asked with a raised eyebrow as Frank scoffed and shook his head.

"I don't even use the same pencils as Wentz, you think I'm gonna eat something he baked?" Frank asked incredulously, making Gerard laugh.

"Aw that's kinda mean." He said, but Frank shrugged.

"Ray got food poisoning after eating it, so, it's tough love I guess." Frank muttered, making Gerard laugh again and nod.

And Gerard shuffled closer to him as Frank rested his head against the back of the couch. He watched as Gerard tucked his legs under him so he was sat on his knees.

Gerard smiled softly then, and let his hands wrap around the back of Frank's neck. Frank's breath slowed as he looked at Gerard carefully, trying to memorise every crevice and blemish on his face. Not that there were many.

Frank found himself doing that a lot when he was with Gerard; memorising his features. Frank could almost say he loved doing it- it was just so calming, and the way Gerard's eyes would turn confused just made Frank more attracted to him.

He sometimes found himself wishing he wasn't half drunk when they had sex, because he really hadn't appreciated Gerard enough when they did. He hadn't taken the time to really remember what Gerard liked a lot and what Gerard didn't really get that much out of. And he hated that.

"What's wrong, Frankie? You went all quiet on me." Gerard said through his quiet laugh. His fingers brushing over the hair on the top of Frank's neck.

And Frank really couldn't help the way his eyes took in Gerard's for possibly the millionth time. Though for some reason each time he did it, Gerard's eyes were registered differently.

At that moment Gerard had eyes of the sea and wet pebbles. The centre was all pebble, soft reflective browns, spreading out to waves of forest green under an overcast sky. The outer edge was rimmed in dark brown, but the over all effect was of hazel eyes, the brown elements being more dominant since they complimented his dark hair and the faint freckles that lay over the the bridge of his nose.

"Frank?" Gerard asked again, this time seeming a lot more worried.

Frank cleared his throat, looking away from his face, "Nothing, s'fine."

Gerard looked puzzled, his eyebrows scrunching up in a way Frank had come to adore.

"You sure?" Gerard asked, and Frank nodded quickly.

Gerard didn't need to know about his little tendencies. That would only make him uncomfortable- hell, it made Frank uncomfortable too.

Gerard let out a small sigh, "Okay, then. You wanna watch a movie?"

Frank nodded slowly, reaching over to grab the controller right as he heard the door to what he assumed was Bob's room open. Frank glanced towards the hallway to see Bob holding his phone, his head down until he finally noticed the person next to Frank.