2-1

Jasmine sat there but also confused as to why anyone would be here, especially looking for Mia,

"Who's that?" Jasmine leaned in and whispered.

"My father," Mia said, lost for words. She went downstairs and approached the entrance slowly, mind blank, not expecting anything. She opened it slightly to see a tall man through the cracks of the door, soon enough she realized he could see her so she opened it wide and let him in.

A tall dark-skinned man by the name of Anthony was standing in her cabin. He was wearing a short white t-shirt accompanied with dark blue cargo pants, his trainers were very pristine and they even smelt expensive, so much so that she decided not to take a second look. From all she had remembered nothing changed, his hair appeared to be freshly cut and his jawline was still admirable at most. Just glancing at him connotes feelings of emptiness, a handsome man who was Mia's father, cannot accept responsibility nor fault. Mia felt the urge to show courtesy but it just so happens that once upon a time he left her and he never looked back.

"Seeing as I am obliged to ask, what are you doing here?" Mia questioned rudely.

"Well if you must know, I own this cabin."

"So why didn't you walk in then? It's not like I haven't been intruded on before." Her eyes rolled but she very quickly registered, by the troubled look she was given, that she said something concerning.

"That was the exact reason, I didn't." He said, trying not to disappoint.

Mia's face dropped; her rude state was retrieved immediately.

"I noticed you've been crashing here for a little, I didn't want to disturb you or intrude. I didn't know how to approach you. The phone call and seeing someone in my cabin were all too abnormal events so I was able to put two and two together."

"You've explained for the past week but not the rest of my life." Mia replied attempting to keep up her poker face.

"I'm just gonna gooooooo, but I hope this goes well, Mia!" Jasmine exclaimed hoping to interrupt the social awkwardness. She whispered in her ear on the way out, "If you don't want to know him, get to know him for me, please Mia."

Her mind was at work, switching from one thought to another.

Did she want to interrogate her father?

Does Mia want to get to know Anthony, or will she do it so he doesn't tell her mum, yet again does Jennifer know already?

Although he had no place to ask Anthony proceeded, "By the way who was that girl that just left?"

"The least of your worries." In her palm held her face as the unexpected had really occurred.

Mia's brain was having a conversation she wasn't included in, rather she was a spectator. Jasmine's comment lingered around for a while, forgiving Anthony to fill the void of Jasmine's father, which she didn't even know was there yet, was wrong but the thought put MIa's heart to ease a little.

Anthony was sitting there uneasy, he knew this wasn't going the way he planned, but in his face there was more.

Mia was intrigued so she demanded, "I know you have something else to say, so say it."

"Mia if it is alright, could I show you someone?"

"I mean I don't really have a say now since I forced it out of you, plus what could be worse than this?" She lifted her head from her hands slightly.

A little girl walks in about 5 years of age.

"This is my daughter, Taejah, your step-sister." The little girl walks up to her father in a pink and white frilly dress lifted to sit on his lap. Mia's face dropped and she felt neglected and dizzy.

Mia chuckled to herself and  mumbled, "This is worse than what i expected."

"Anthony the both of you need to leave." Her disappointment was more than vivid, he just kept surprising her.

"You and your daughter can leave. Right now!" She started to tear up.

Taejah began to kick about and so Anthony was hasty out the door.

The quivering of her bottom lip as she screamed, "Seems like you want to live a life without me? DO NOT BOTHER SHOWING UP HERE AGAIN."

She slammed the door behind them. Slowly, with her back against it, she slid down just like her tears at the crossroad of her cheeks.

Anxiety had overthrown the kingdom, she had picked up the phone to call Jas but her hands were shaking endlessly. She got a hold of her and tried to explain what happened. The events were getting jumbled up and she could barely get any words out.

"I haven't reached home yet, I'm on my way back now Mia okay?" 

The phone line disconnected.

Jasmine was worried but it wasn't just Mia she had playing on her mind, nevertheless she put her priorities aside and made her way back.

Mia precariously waited on Jasmine, but yet her brain to unwantedly spiral.

'Anthony left you for something new, something better.'

'Don't bring Jasmine into this, you killed her father.'

'Murderer.'

The door opened, Mia shifted forward and got up helplessly. They sat on the couch in unison comforted by dust, which ever so nicely excused itself for their conversation.

"So, tell me again what happened."

Meanwhile, over at Jasmine's house...

Jessica, Jasmine's mother, was filing a missing person report with a policewoman.

"I haven't seen him for two days, no calls, no texts, he didn't even send a bird. This is very unusual and isn't like my husband, at all." The tensity that was heard as she spoke made the officer feel sympathetic.

"Alright ma'am," She said softly.

" I need you to help me out, we want to make this process as quick and easy as possible."  She shuffled through papers and continued, "What was your husband's name?"

"Was? His name is Martin, Martin King." She declared whilst her veins popped out her head.

"Sorry, common mistake, any other family he could've contacted beside you?"

"Yes, my daughter, Jasmine, but she's been staying with a friend for a while, I'm expecting her today actually," Jessica said on a happier note wiping her tears away with her sleeve.

"Do you think he has spoken to Jasmine?"

"I don't know, that is what I am waiting to ask."

"Thank you, we have gathered enough information and will contact you if we have any leads."

Jessica nodded in approval and accompanied the officer on her way out.