1. THE SEATS ARE CURRENTLY BEING OCCUPIED BY MY GHOST FRIENDS

| CHAPTER ONE |

THE SEATS ARE CURRENTLY BEING OCCUPIED BY MY GHOST FRIENDS.

"HOW MANY LETTERS DID POTTER sent you this summer?" Lily Evans questioned her best friend, an amused grin peering over her muggle book.

Ophelia Avery groaned, sliding further into her usual seat on the Hogwarts Express as the rest of the girls chuckled at her expression, "How many time do I have to tell you not to use the P word around me?"

"I still think you two would look adorable together," Marlene McKinnon shrugged. For the last four years the younger blonde has stuck to her judgement that Ophelia and James Potter would look like 'the perfect couple' in her words.

"Don't let Potter hear that," Mary Macdonald chuckled, pushing some of her brown locks from her chocolate brown eyes. 

"Yeah, could you imagine if he heard that," Alice Fortescue giggled, "He wouldn't shut up about it for weeks."

"More like years," Ophelia grumbled as she fiddled with the scarlet red and gold badge on her neat Gryffindor uniform, "Right, no more..Potter talk. How was everyone's summer?"

The compartment of girls all began chatting away excitingly. Each of them telling their summer stories. The girls had only spend one and a half weeks together during the long break, the rest of it was spend with their families. Lily spoke about her older sister, Petunia, the girl apparently had a new boyfriend, one that the redhead clearly didn't take a liking to. She told them about the two weeks she and her family spent in Italy.

Marlene and her family spend some time in Spain, the blonde gushed over the Muggle boys she saw there. Mary and her family stayed in England, as did Alice's, the latter of who finally got the courage to send an owl to Frank Longbottom; her longtime crush. The boy replied quickly and it didn't take long for the pair to sent each other owls almost everyday. 

"What about you, Lia?" Lily questioned, turning her attention to the older blonde, "How was your summer?"

"Oh, just the usual," She shrugged, "Went to watch Damon's games, he almost broke his nose twice 'cause they were against the Falmouth Falcons. It was pretty intense," Ophelia's older brother had been a Slytherin beater since his second year when he was at Hogwarts, once he graduated he made the Puddlemere United and quickly became one of the best - and youngest - Beaters the team had ever seen. 

Both of the Avery children were more than talented in the wizarding sport, and it was all due to their father. Cian Avery was the Slytherin Seeker during his time at Hogwarts, before he became one of the most famous Seekers in the entire wizarding world before he retired just before Damon was born. 

Ophelia became the Gryffindor Seeker during her second year as well, and as much as her parents hated the fact that she wasn't placed in Slytherin - like every other member of their family - Cian was certainly proud to have another skilled Quidditch player for a child. The blonde girl had managed to score the Gryffindors the Quidditch Cup for the past four years.

"I can't believe the Falmouth Falcons are still allowed to play," Alice shuttered.

"I suppose near-death is entertaining for some people," Ophelia commented, shrugging. Even though everyone seemed to be outraged with how violently the Falmouth Falcons played, no one seemed to want to disqualify them forever. 

"I still don't see the excitement with Quidditch," Lily confessed, causing Ophelia to look at her with her eyes open wide, "Don't wound me like that, Evans," The blonde said, pressing her hand over her heart.

"See!" Marlene exclaimed, pointing her finger at the Gryffindor Prefect, "Those sound like Potter's words."

"Stop using the P word, Marlene and go and get changed," Ophelia grumbled, shuttering at the thought of sounding like Potter.

Marlene bit her lip to keep her smile at bay as she stood up, reaching into her suitcase she pulled out her school uniform, it didn't take long for the rest of the girls - apart from Ophelia - to grab their own. Whilst Ophelia stayed in the compartment, awaiting for the Trolley Lady to come by, the rest of the girls went to the bathroom to get changed.

Due to Ophelia's parents being Pureblood, the family would arrive at Platform nine and three quarters by either apparation or Floo Powder, meaning the blonde could arrive wearing her uniform and not get confused stares from any Muggles. So, the blonde Prefect took out her Quidditch book, flipping through the pages when she heard the compartment door sliding, thinking it was the Trolley Lady, Ophelia closed her book and sat up, groaning in annoyance when she spotted the Marauders standing there.

Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew stood at the back, both of them smiling sheepishly at the blonde. Sirius Black stood right besides James Potter, running his hand through his long, black locks as he let his eyes wander around the empty compartment. James stood right at the front, his hair still messy as his hazel eyes stayed glued to Ophelia, his his lips widening in a large grin.

"Ophelia Avery!" James beamed, his arms opening wide, "My love, there you are. I've been looking for you everywhere. Are those seats free?" He gestured to the seats around her, ones that clearly had the belongings of the others girls already resting on them.

"Nope," Ophelia answered in a monotone voice as she opened her book again, "The seats are currently being occupied by my ghost friends."

James let out a chuckle, "I've always loved your humour, my love. Oh, is that a Prefect badge I see?"

Ophelia's eyes didn't leave her book, "Yep," She said in a bored voice.

"Well, it looks like we'll be spending a lot of time together then."

Ophelia finally tore her eyes from the book, instantly landing on James' messy uniform; more importantly, on the identical badge that sat on his chest, sparkling proudly as he puffed his chest out, making himself appear even taller than he already was, "This is a joke, right?" She asked, her voice full of shock, "That's not yours?"

"Of course it's mine," James grinned, "Whose would it be?"

"Remus'?" The blonde raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, "Merlin, even Peter's, but not yours."

"It's his," Remus spoke up, due to his taller frame Ophelia could see him from behind James and Sirius.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!"

AN- What are your thoughts on the first chapter? I'm super excited for what's to come