BFB: Brother's Best Friend

“What?” You screeched, stunned.

“Niall is coming over to stay, since his holiday back home is done, and he needs to be close by the studio. So Mum offered that he can stay here. Which means, you get the couch and we get your room.” Lou smiled like a devious little cat.

Was he serious? “NO.” You used your back bone you had recently found in the year your brother had been gone, on tour. “No, no, no. I am sleeping on my bed, inmy room. Either you, or Niall, can sleep on the couch. Or together. From what I hear on Tumblr, you two are very close, Nouis.” You winked, getting under Lou’s nerves. It was too easy.

Lou harrumphed and went back to your room, that he was staying in. The entitled sassy queen didn’t even live here anymore, he was visiting from London, but he still thought he had a say in everything. It was annoying. He had even told you you weren’t allowed to date the other day! It was ridiculous! He had no say, in any matter!

You harrumphed yourself, and went back to the couch, ironically, to finish your book in peace.

***

“Y/N?” Your Mum was shaking your shoulder, her face coming into your bleary vision.

You rubbed your eyes, your sleepy voice cracking, “Yeah Mum?”

She smiled, “Sorry Honey, but, Niall is here. Would you mind seting up the couch for him?”

Lou decided to walk in then…of course…”Nuh, uh, uh.” He tsked. He sure did like to use one syllable ‘words’ a lot. “Niall is sleeping in Y/N’s room with me,she can sleep out here.”

“NUH, UH, UH!” Great. Now even you were using the one worded syllables. “That’s my room. Lou can sleep on the couch out here and give Niall the guest bed!”

You and Lou started getting into a heated argument about “what was fair for the guest”, puh-lease!, when Niall interrupted, “I’ll sleep on the couch out here.”

Always the peacemaker… You sighed. Your old crush you had for him that you thought you had burnt out, decided to rekindle its’ flame. That couldn’t be good. Just the sight of Niall’s natural brown hair was enough to get you into a frenzy, but when he started talking too! GOD!

You bit your lip subconsciously as Lou interrupted Niall interrupting, “No.”

A lightbulb went off in your head, making your tummy warm at your idea. Now it was your turn to interrupt. “Why don’t you both just sleep in there?”

Lou perked right up, his previous scowl disappearing altogether, “So you’ll sleep out here?”

As if. “No. I’m sleeping in there. One of you can just sleep on the air mattress.”

“Oh.” You could see Lou contemplating the compromise; his fingers were tapping against his leg, and his eyes were looking everywhere. “Fine.” He finally agreed.

“Wh-” You were interrupted.

“I’ll sleep on the air mattress.” Niall smiled at you before following Louis into your bedroom, where he must’ve been putting his bags. Always the peacemaker.

You decided to try out your peace-making skills and went to grab the air mattress.

***

This was torture. Why did you agree to this?! Niall should’ve slept on the couch. Being this close to him was too much. He was literally inches away from your bed, his air mattress up against the frame! You groaned in your sleep.