Down Low And Gritty

“Anybody want Starbucks?” You walked into your Dad’s office, already knowing the boys would be in there.

You were right. They were all lounging wherever there was an available flat surface; the coffee table, the window sill, a box in the corner.

“You got Starbucks?” Louis perked right up. You even gained Zayn’s half awake attention.

“No, silly,” You twirled a piece of your caramel colored hair around your finger. “I’m going to get Starbucks. I was just nice nice enough to see if any of you wanted some too.”

Of course now your Dad, Paul, the boys’ security guard, decided to speak. “Not by yourself, you’re not.” He didn’t even bother to glance up from the paper he was reading. You folded your arms over your chest and stuck out your tongue childishly. “I saw that.” You harrumphed.

Ever so helpful, as always, Liam chimed in, “I’ll go with her Paul!” Maybe a little too enthusiastically…

“But what if you get attacked by fans?” Your Dad really knew how to be a downer.

Liam brushed it off and started to lead you out, “It’s just around the corner!” And with that, Liam shut the office door behind him, you two venturing into fangirl territory; alone. Excited, you tugged on his hand, breathing in the fresh air as the metal backdoor swung shut.

You giggled, “We didn’t even find out what they would want!”

Liam scrunched his face up, chuckling along with you. “I already know what they like.”

You mumbled nervously, “That’s good.”

After that, you both seemed to not know what to fill the silence with, so you just walked along, only the engine of cars and chirping of birds lessening the awkward. But only a little.

You both gasped when you rounded the corner out of the alley, seeing the giant CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS sign in front of Starbucks.

“This sucks.” You pouted. Liam, as always, looked at the bright side. “Well there’s still a coffee maker back at the office!” You agreed grudginly. “Back to the office then.”

***

You two were in the “break room” making coffee for everyone when you laughed at a joke Liam made about Niall not needing any more caffeine. He blushed slightly. He was so adorable.

You had had a crush on him for a while, but, he was a little over two years older than you! You knew anything between you and he would never happen. He had dated a hot dancer before you for Pete’s sake! You weren’t anywhere near as pretty as Danielle Peazer.

As much as you liked Liam, it was a shame they had broken up because she was moving to Asia with LMFAO. They had landed a permanent gig with their own TV show and chose their best dancers. How could Danielle have passed that up?

So lost in thought you didn’t realize how close you and Liam were, and when you turned, you sloshed your cup of coffee onto yourself.

“Sorry!” Liam immediately began apologizing, grabbing napkins for you. He was too much of a gentleman to start drying your chest.

“It’s okay, my fault” You looked up from your fastly growing transparent white shirt to see Liam’s chocolate eyes darken various shades. You noted his adam’s apple bobbing as he gulped loudly.

“Um,” Liam cleared his throat, looking anywhere but at you and your swelling chest.

“Liam, what’s wrong?” You touched his arm and he flinched. Ouch.