Going Back

The window behind me broke, I felt the glass slice my skin but I was past caring. A piece fell into my glass, with bloody fingers I picked it up and threw it to the side. My office was a disaster, reflecting my inner turmoil and depression.

Is this what rejection felt like?

Like my whole world is falling apart before my eyes yet, I can't be bothered to fix it. It was like watching a house burn, the flames licked farther up the walls but the flame was too intriguing to put out. So, I sat back and watched. I watched as my life went to hell and I didn't stop it.

Why didn't I stop the only good thing in my life from leaving.

The amber liquid seemed to drown my self worth as I threw back yet another glass.

My eyes landed on my computer, the only light source at midnight. Her beautiful face still gave me chills. Every time I saw her shining eyes it was like the first, I yearned to reach out and touch her luscious face, only to be met with the cold computer screen.

I growled in frustration, closing my fingers on the glass in my hand the glass breaking from its form and into my skin. Crimson liquid flowed down my wrist tapping the table in a methodical rhythm. I let it fall, the wound began fixing itself before I could've fix it. After a few seconds I poured alcohol against the wound before lifting the bottle to my own lips.

In the back of my mind I felt my wolf whine, something she had never done before. She was the one that gave me the steel emotions and calculated wins, our mate had f*cked her up too. A bitter laugh bubbled through out the office, I was lost in my own downward spiral. I threw the bottle, the slamming resonating off the wall liquid misting over me.

Quickly I stood up, jumping from the destroyed window and ran to the woods. I couldn't hurt anyone if I wasn't near anyone.

****************************************************************************

"Trent!" I groaned. "For the last time! No! The Hillson pack does not have a wall of skulls around its territory!"

I hit the back of the seat, two hours into our drive and Trent had resorted to asking different rumors about my mates pack.

"I just want to know where my sis is living," he said rolling his eyes. "How about is it true she's killed five Betas over the past month. Lyssa said that the Beta that came to our home is dead and Alpha Xena killed him leaving his mate with and unborn child. And, she exiled the mate threatening to rip out the child from her womb."

"No," I giggled. "But that's your best. As far as I know Theo is the only Beta Xena's had and he's mateless."

"Oh," Trent said defeated. "How-"

"No, they're rumors Trent," I growled my voice surprising myself. I quickly covered my mouth, looking up to an amused Trent. A smile was on his face as he watched the road.

"You shouldn't be surprised, Mel," he said. "You are an Alpha's mate as well as an Alpha's heir. Alpha voices are only common."

"But," I squeaked. "I've never done that before."

"It's fine," he said with a small laugh. "You get use to using it."

"I don't wanna get use to it," I grumbled. "I don't want to ever have to use it."

A sad smile passed Trent's face, he glanced over at me, "It's really fine, Mel. You're the Luna so that means that Xena will be doing most of the commanding therefore most of the Alpha Tone using."

I threw my head in my hands, I didn't want to ever use the Alpha Voice. By using the Alpha Voice any free will the wolf had is gone,if they belonged to the pack of the Alpha using their tone. Dad didn't like to use the Alpha Voice, he believed strongly in free will and belief both Trent and I believe.

"But-"

"Get some sleep, Mel. It's going to be a long ride."

***

"Want anything to eat?" Trent asked as I woke. The sun's early rays crept up on the horizon, I yawned stretching.

"Yes!"

"Okay, we'll drive through here," he said pulling quickly to the left into some fast food joint.

"What if I want to walk around?" I asked placing my hand on my hip.

"I'm on strict orders from Mom and Dad to take you to Xena and not let you out of the car so you don't try to run."

"What if I have to pee?"

"Hold it," he said relaying an order to the box. I rolled my eyes sulking in my seat. The town looked familiar as though I'd seen it before. Brushing off the thought distracted myself by fiddling with the radio as Trent paid and got our order.

"Damn," he groaned biting into a breakfast sandwich. "Choose one already."

I landed on a pop station, deciding it was best I too tore into a breakfast sandwich. The ride was a bore, Trent didn't have much to say his coffee not kicking in yet and sleepiness still pricked the back of my head. We passed through the town, reaching another highway this time the surroundings looking unmistakably like the surroundings from Xena and I's date.

"We're almost there, right?" I asked quietly my wolf waking her excitement bleeding into mine.

"Yeah," Trent answered equally as quiet, a slow song came on the radio adding to the oddly somber but exciting tone.

"Are you excited to see Xena again?" he asked as his eyes scanned the side of the road waiting for the turn off.

I shrugged, "I'm not excited for her secrets."

"You should ask her about them, maybe now that you left she's ready to tell you so you don't leave again."

I shrugged again, my shoulders drooping as I notice the turn off come closer. My emotions seemed to be spread out, I didn't know what I should be feeling or if I was feeling my emotions and not my wolfs or Xena's due to our close proximity.

I noticed Trent's odd actions as well, his foot he wasn't using for driving bounced. An action he only did when he was nervous. His posture also seemed stiff, maybe he was hiding something. Or, my Mom's words about his wolf being anxious meant he was about to meet his mate.

"Mel," he said softly turning onto the dirt road, wolves immediately by our side. I rose my head, showing them I was their Luna. They slowed, still following us but they weren't snarling or growling as they once were.

"Yeah, Trent?"

"What did it feel like meeting Xena, before you actually saw her."

"I was uneasy, my wolf could tell something big was going to happen. Why?" I asked looking at him. He shrugged his grip on the steering wheel tightening. Maybe his mate was inside the Hillison pack, a smile crept on my lips.

Trent deserved the happiness of a mate.

********************************************************************

Nothing happened here...sorry...but I promise something will!

P. S. How'd you like a little bit of Xena's POV? Huh? Should I keep giving your snippets or do you hate it?

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

Do Something Historic!

-TheShake