Chapter 20.10: The Awoken Dream to Test the Heart - Breaking

The noble has watched the battle and gave a speech to the rest of his army shaken by your arrival. Whatever he said, it boosted their morale and went back to their barracks to prepare something. (Miriel)

So make haste, you might be able to force the noble's army to intercept before much of their preparation. (Miriel)

And the Court Wizards marched in rush to the Wolfram mansion without much fanfare after the battle before.

I have the visual. The Wolfram noble was spotted through the window of the highest floor above the front door. (Miriel)

They looked up and saw the balcony with the faint image of a man in gaudy clothing holding binoculars seen looking down on the Court Wizards before vanishing into a rectangular portrait window with an arc on top when they looked at him back.

Also, I will send James to aid the knights. (Miriel)

"Should we [Eject] directly there?" Alicia asked.

"No," Will disagreed. "We gotta stay below the wall."

And the Air Guardian, who usually devised mission plans, meant the walls surrounding this estate. It was high enough to almost conceal the explosion set off by the last rifleman.

But [Eject]ing oneself upwards in the open will have a chance for an outsider to notice and it was voted that under no circumstances should you risk it.

And so, the Court Wizards went the long way around. But, once they were about to break the front door.

"Halt! You Half-Beost lovers!" A feminine voice reverberated the air.

The Court Wizards faced right to see an all-female platoon bearing the spear-rifle. To their left was a platoon of men.

They too were decked out in Palras Steel armor, but some had their greaves and/or gauntlets removed - probably had an idea about the Power of Ignorance but didn't have enough time to take off all of their armor for maximum mobility.

Armies of Palras often split genders into their own groups because they usually live in the same barracks for most of their service - they can't afford to be romantically distracted in the army.

Since they weren't carrying spear-rifles but other various weapons, they will be collectively called 'guards'.

"We won't let you stop our vengeance even if you're Court Wizards," the female guard growled.

"How do they know?" Alicia asked.

"Hmm, the noble must have suspected the purpose of our mission and was the speech he fed to his army's rage against Half-Beosts - as we fight the riflemen earlier," Rose commented.

"Ah."

Emotion suppression on.

"Shoot!"

STATIC

TWACK TWACK TWACK TWACK

Crea automatically summoned her [Shield] just as the riflemen and riflewomen carrying crossbows fired. As always, the bolts simply bounced off of the Vague Order.

RATATATATA

RATATATATA RATATATATA

"Agh!"