"Well boy. I'm here for you. Why else would I be here?" She said smirking still.

"Okay but I still don't understand."

"I'm sure the old man has told you why." Ronan furrowed his brow.

"My dad hasn't said anything about you coming to see me." She burst into laughter.

"You got jokes kid. I'm not talking about your dad. More so, I'm talking about mine. Gerald, you're slacking around on this." Ronan froze. He was speechless. He was for certain that his family had long forgotten about him speaking to his grandfather.

"Yeah and listen here you crazy bitch, it's been kinda crazy here to where I couldn't explain!" Gerald yelled. Jennifer shook her head.

"Tell him to calm down for me Ronan. His energy is all haywire." The only response Ronan was able to get out was  stuttering.

"You're wondering why I know its Gerald and how I can sense him aren't you?" Ronan nodded slowly. Just when Jennifer was about to answer, the door opened and Ronan's mom came in.

"Jenny? Why are you here?" She asked, not thrilled that her sister was in the house. Jennifer smiled as innocently as she can fake.

"Well I don't come to see my nephew often and my niece is in the psyche ward right now. I was just about to take Ronan out for a birthday dinner from lil ol' me!" She explained. Alice rolled her eyes.

"You can really be crude you know that? And since when you came down for the kids birthday? You always sent them things. The drive is agonizingly long." Alice stated. Ronan was watching the interaction between the sisters. Jennifer wrapped her arm around the tall boy's neck and grinned.

"I wanted to change things up this year! That's not a crime is it?"

"I guess not. Just dont let him be out too late. He will have school tomorrow." 

"Of course not! He has studies he has to do. Cant relate to that since I dropped out taking care of us." Jennifer teased and grabbed her jacket. Alice frowned at her older sister.

"Now Jenny-"

"I kid Alice! Jeez, take a break and hug a bottle for once!" Jennifer joked. Alice walked over to Ronan.

"You better behave now. I will see you later tonight hon. Take care of your aunt. If anything goes wrong, call me." Alice demanded. Ronan nodded as Jennifer rolled her eyes.

"Come now boy! No time to waste!" She yelled, walking out the house toward her car. Ronan kissed his mother's forehead and told her 'I love you.'

The ride was interesting. Jennifer was blaring heavy metal music with the windows down. Ronan believes he got the love of the music from his aunt. She was the image of a badass woman but with a family car. She parked outside of a bar.

"Aunt Jen, this is a bar. I cant go in there." Ronan pointed out.

"Nonsense boy. Besides, they got good food in here. I've been on my younger years. Made some good friends in here." She said getting out of the car. Ronan followed behind her as they walked in.

"Lenny! My man! Howsit!" Jennifer yelled at the bartender. A guy around his 40's looked up and his eyes filled with glee.

"Jennifer Henderson! Long time, no see! The usual?" He asked.

"Make that two. Got my nephew with me tonight." She said sitting at the bar. Ronan looked around at the bar. Animal trophies, pool tables, heavy metal music playing in the background. The smell of cigarette smoke and booze fills his nose the closer he gets to his aunt.