Chapter 1

Jaylen POV

"Nic! Wait up!" I yell, running out of the house. "So sorry," he responds. I run to catch up to him. "Why are you walking so fast?!" I stumble trying to go the same speed as him. "I have a surprise for you!!" "Well you can't give it to me if I die first," I say laughing. "I can't give it to you if we are late either. So hurry your ass up!" We arrive in about twenty minutes so we are about five minutes early. Nicholas and I usually take about thirty five minutes to get here, and we are always late. *bell rings* "Time for class," I say, not really wanting to go. Nic leans down and hugs me. In case you were wondering, he leaned down simply because he is 6 foot 7 and I'm barely 5 foot 8. Don't ask how that is because we are identical other than the height thang and the fact I have BRIGHT green eyes and he has BRIGHT blue eyes. "See you see soon," he smiles. I smile back then languidly go to my first class, AP Calculus. I rush to my seat in the back. Ya see, the first day of school wherever you sat was where you would stay for the rest of the year. I didn't know anyone at this school at the beginning of the year because I had moved schools for reasons that I don't like talking about. So now, I sit in the last row by myself. "Okay class, we have a transfer student joining us for the rest of the year," my math teacher explained. I just tuned her out as I studied my homework and made sure it was completely finished. "Nicholas Wolf, welcome to Calculus. Take a seat wherever you like."

I heard his name but it didn't register in my mind. The 'new transfer' sat down next to me. "Ya miss me??" a very familiar voice said. It clicked and I almost leapt out of my chair. "Nic!" I lean over and hug him. "Was this the surprise you had for me?" I whispered quite loudly. "There's still more to come." He smiles perfectly. We take notes then the bell rings. "You have art next yeah?" he asks me nonchalantly. I nod and he grabs my hand. We go into my favorite class of the day. I hug him then sit down. Mr. Kopeski stands up and begins speaking, "Nicholas has decided to join this class and become part of our art family. Snaps for Nicholas." This is exactly why I love this class. Mr. Kopeski is just so, what's the word, out there. The class snaps and Nic sits at my table. "So did you change your whole schedule?" I ask sarcastically. "Nope, just most of them. You had better teachers than me so I decided to change the classes I didn't like," he replies laughing. "What other classes are the same as mine?" "You will just have to wait, mister sir." Today we work on our face drawings of our favorite person. I hide behind my book because I don't want Nic to see. I'm drawing him, in case you didn't get the leetle (little) hint thur. I think it looks good but not finished. I'm not sure if I'll ever catch beauty of his perfectness. The bell rings and it's time for third period.

"I have history, and I'm guessing you kept your history class because you love the period you have it," I say slightly disappointed. "Yeah, I have English right now, but I'll drop you off at your building." He kisses my cheek and goes to his class. I gently touch my cheek during history. I don't even really pay attention in that class anyway. I wonder what Nic is thinking right now. I can't wait until lunch. *bell rings* "Time for biology," I grumble to myself. I am the only one in the whole class without a lab partner. Slugging into the classroom, I look at my table and see the stool next to mine is filled by.......my brother. A smile immediately plasters itself onto my face and I blush as I sit down. "Great to see you again," he gives me a side hug. "Hey lab partner," I say back. Our science teacher doesn't even introduce him or say our names separate. On the roll sheet our names are right next to each other so he calls out, "Jaylen and Nicholas Wolf?" "Aqui!" we say in unison. This has ALWAYS confused our teachers because we aren't Hispanic whatsoever. We are ghost white and Irish. My teacher makes a face marks it then continues until the end of class. *lunch bell rings* I jump off the stool and do a backflip. "Uh, um, uhhhhh," Nic stutters. "Problem brother?" I ask teasingly. "Nothing I can't handle." We walk to get food, holding hands.

After lunch, I have English then Gym. I pray to God that Nic hasn't ditched yet as I walk to Gym. Today is Fun Day, Run Day, Thursday. I absolutely HATE running. It's like a living hell. I spot Nic in the locker room and am instantly relieved. We dress out then head to our numbers on the pavement. "You can run with a partner or you can run alone. It doesn't really matter to me. You must run what we normally call the Campus Walk. Its two and a half miles. You will be timed. Go!" Mr. A orders. I chose to run with Nic then about a mile into it, I start feeling shaking. "Nic, I'm going to sit. I'll catch up in a minute," I tell my brother. "You sure?" I nod and sit. I have Type 1 Diabetes so if I overdo myself I can go into shock etc. etc. It's a long story. Suddenly, Richard, who absolutely hates me for whatever reason, starts picking on me. "Oh here's the kid that thinks he's all special and shit because he takes a shot every day. Oooooh I'm so tired, I'll just sit around and get an A. Get a life dipshit!" he raves to his buddies, then yells in my face. I refuse to look at him and continue sitting. "You look at me when I'm talking to you!" He grabs my face and I jerk away. Next thing I know I'm being dragged behind the bleachers.