5. The Help

If there were a moment in time where I actually believed that I might be just a little bit crazy, now was that time. There is no way in hell I'm looking at this man, there's just no way. It's not possible, this shit isn't real, he's dead!

I stood there unable to move as I continued to stare at him. I couldn't even speak anymore at this point, I was shocked beyond belief. So many questions raced through my mind.

Why is he here?

Why is he alive?

Is he alive?

Why is the Lord testing my patience?

This just cannot be real.

"This can't be fucking real." I mumbled still looking at his piercing eyes.

"It's real, I'm real, I'm here. I need-"

"You're dead!" I interrupted.

"You died! You're supposed to be in heaven or something, not standing here smiling in my face!"

"Marli I need fo-"

"You know my name! Dios mio! He knows my name! Drew!!! DREW!!"

He huffed as I ran to the door and continued to call Drew's name. Moments later he came rushing in and grabbed my shoulders.

"What's wrong!? Are you hurt!"

He grabbed my face and examined it along with my arms.

I yanked away from him and pointed towards Mel.

"He's supposed to be dead! Drew he died!"

He groaned and ran his hand down his face.

"You weren't supposed to approach her yet, she isn't ready."

"She already done seen me once befo', this needa' happen na' anyways. My brudda' goin' crazy right na and she is too. The quicker we get ha' outta here the betta' everythang gon be. Trust me." He said with a reassuring smile plastered on his face.

I looked at them completely petrified with this entire situation. What the fuck was going on!

"What's all that yelling for!? Is everyone okay!?"

I looked towards the door to see Dr.Mosely along with two big security guards.

"No! There-"

"There was a roach, she got scared. I tried to kill it but it ran out. Everything is fine, she just got scared." Drew interrupted.

My head darted to him in disapproval. I looked back towards Mel who was no longer there. I furrowed my eyebrows and backed away into a corner as I felt my eyes start to water.

I'm crazy.

I'm literally fucking crazy.

"Marli is everything okay?" Dr.Mosely asked.

I couldn't tell them I'm seeing fucking ghosts or figments of my imagination. They'd never let me out. I had come so far, I couldn't fuck it up now.

"Yeah I just hate roaches. I really. Hate. Roaches."

I felt myself picking at my wrist, a habit I formed when I was no longer able to slice them.

"Marli calm down, give me your hand."

Dr.Mosely quickly made her way over to me and grabbed my hands.

"It's only a bug sweetie, only a bug."

She wiped a single tear that fell and embraced me in her arms. I looked at Drew as he looked back at me with a sympathetic look.

"Yeah."