Chapter 3

I faintly remember this song, but I know this is Usher comforting my ears. Rings a bell. Usher's Can You Handle It, expands through the atmpsphere. Tiptoeing as if I were in heels, I own the stage and prance to the center. As If my sweater were the costume I fumble with the ends before pulling it over my head, leaving me in my laced black bra and matching thong.

"Yeah baby, lose the sweatshirt." I hear from the crowd. I place my legs around the pole and climb it. I made it just about to the ceiling when I paused for dramatic effect.

"You can climb my pole baby!" I look below at the crowd, it seems I have enough guts for one of these a night. In mid-glance I spot Mr.Range Rover from the bar, straddled by a fellow stripper. His eyes locked with mine and I couldve sworn I seen him mouth 'Mine Too', before I slid down the pole at such a feverish pace landing in a perfect graceful split on the stage. The crowd screamed like highschool cheerleaders and cradled me with hundreds of dollars.

"Make some noise for Mistletooooeee!" The Dj dragged, as I dissapeared behind the curtain, I caught one last peek before the curtains fully closed and I could see Mr.Range Rover's arms folded staring curiously at me, with a smirk on his lips, he then blew me a kiss.

♡♥♡

"You were the shit tonight, Mistletoe!" The red head Ginger complimented, as she smacked me on the butt.

"She's the shit every night, the highlight of the whole damn show." Brett said, in her deep country accent, as she finished her lipstick and stood from the vanity table. I kindly smiled at my strip-mates and walked to the dressing room. I knew better than to befriend anyone here, I'm pretty sure with everyone it's all about the money in this business.

♡♥♡

Sitting up in bed quickly, I snatch my phone off the nightstand table and shut off the alarm. When my feet touched the carpet, almost instantly my doorbell rang, interrupting the highlight of my morning. I tiptoe to my door in a hurry. I never have any visitors, besides Terry. It was mostly because aside from my bestfriend and boss, I give no one my address. Beck, my boss only received my address to mail me my check.

"Yes?" I ask, peering at the delivery man through my peep-hole.

"Um yeah, I'm looking for a Shiloh Lopez." The man spoke into my door as if there were a mic.

I opened the door cautiously in suspicion.

"What's this about? " I asked.

"I need her to sign for this package."

I took the pin and signed by the X. When I lifted my eyes, he was staring at me hesitantly. As if there were something in his eyes, he blinked rapidly. Only then was when I registered, I didn't have on any bottoms besides my pink panties. I wasn't as embarrassed as I should have been. I've been out of my clothes too often. The damage.

"I'm sorry, this box has no address. Who is this from?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"From a Blake Blue? I think..." He said, questioningly.

"Oh believe me, I dont know either. Are you sure this is for me?"

"Positive ma'am."

♡♥♡

Retrieving a coffee mug from the cabinet, I pour the coffee contents from the pot into the mug. Scanning the box on my bar counter, I anxiously make my way to it. Noticing the big 'fragile' stamp on the top, I resist the urge to shake the box. Delicately tearing it open, a figure wrapped, what looks like a hundred times in bubble wrap, slides out from the bottom. Revealing the figure I register what seems to be glass leaves, but not just any leaves the bunches of leaves that Oklahoma is known for. They only come at certain times of the year.