Chapter 22

Song for this chapter: Diamond Alan Walker ft Sophia Somajo.

Sorry for the false update earlier

Jamal's POV

I don't know for how long we stood there, hugging each other but I was done crying long ago. I just rested my head in the crook of her neck, inhaling her intoxicating scent and thinking about what I just realized.

I'm in love with Elyon.

It seemed so foreign, yet so familiar and the realization excited me as well as it terrified me. This was getting risky, for her. I was pulling her gradually into my shit and I was so attached to her now, I'd be broken if the feeling isn't mutual.

At least, tell her how you feel. That's the only way you can find out how she feels. No one will run after you like that, hug you like that, speak to you like that and not feel a fraction of love for you.

My subconscious reasoned with me and I sighed at how right my thoughts were, breathing against Elyon's neck and I felt her shudder against my arm. She pulled back slightly and she looked at her, her eyes scrutinizing.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded, smiling softly.

"I'm glad I let that off my chest." I admitted and she chuckled.

"If you want to talk about it, whenever you want to talk about it, I'm right here." She told me and I grinned.

"Well, I kinda cried on your shoulder so I honestly have no choice." I teased and she laughed.

"Guys," we looked to see Somadina standing few feet away. Elyon was quick to move away and bit my lips to keep myself from smirking. Soma looked at both of us, a teasing smirk on his lips.

"What's up?" Elyon said, trying to act like she wasn't affected by anything.

"It's question and answer time. I doubt y'all want to miss this one." He said. I widened my eyes. We hugged for almost an hour. Aunt Aisha session was obviously over because it was question and answer time already.

"Damn, how long did we spend outside?" I voiced out my thoughts.

"After twelve, y'all spent a while outside. We didn't want to disturb." Somadina smirked. Elyon flushed and hurried towards the hall, side stepping Somadina. I looked at him and he was smirking at me. I chuckled.

"What?" I asked him and I began to walk towards the hall as well, Soma falling into step with me.

"Did you guys kiss?" He asked me and I shot him a look.

"Somadina!" I chided, laughing and he rose his hand in a mock surrender.

"What? It's only a question." He defended.

*****

By the time we got in, they started with anonymous questions for people that were shy to take the microphone and speak in front of everyone. Several people asked my my Mum and Aunt Aisha's number so they could speak in private. I saw that Skye had gotten down from the podium to sit with us.

"Any more questions?" The teacher that was organizing the question and answer session for us asked and someone rose their hand. I looked and grimaced when I saw who it was.

Tolani

"What does miss chlamydia want to ask now?" Vanessa asked rhetorically and we chuckled, well apart from Skye who looked like she was about to kill Tolani with her death glare.

"Beats me. Probably something that will finally cure her of her promiscuous ways." Elyon muttered and I chuckled.

"Yes Tolani, what's your question?" The teacher asked. I looked at Tolani and noticed the smirk on her lips and I frowned deeply.