Chapter 13

Yoongi was about to call for Jae until she turned so suddenly and sprayed him with something.

"Aaargh!!!" Yoongi shouted in pain. He was sure it was pepper spray.

"Oh God! Oppa?" she said in panic trying to help a very tortured and temporarily blinded Yoongi who was suffering from the pepper spray.

He kneeled on the ground, trying to clean his eyes. He was tearing up crazily. "Help! My eyes!"

"Don't rub it!" warned Jae.

Yoongi was in hell. He couldn't see and he couldn't do anything. He felt Jae getting closer to him as she took his cap off and told him to lie down. She put something near his eyes and it stung even worse. He groaned. He was in pain to even think of any coherent thoughts. Then he felt her pouring water to his face and cleaning it with a cloth at the same time.

He could hear her babbling about not calling her out when he was walking behind her. Then she said she was sorry but he deserved it for walking behind her like that. She apologized again after that. Blinking his eyes was torturous and he was sure his tears were flowing like waterfall because of that spray. Crazily, he smiled. He was still oppa to her. The way she said it was solid and strong, and he was used to it since way back then. It gave him a hint that she wasn't as unaffected as she pretended to be.

"What the heck are you smiling for?" asked Jae as she hit his chest furiously. She poured water to his eyes again. At the rate she was going, Yoongi's shirt was already soaking.

"I think I might drown," Yoongi protested as Jae pour more water to his eyes.

"As long as you won't be blind for life, drowning sounds better," said Jae.

"Now I know where your priority lies," complained Yoongi as he pulled himself up in a sitting position.

"Stop being dramatic. You won't drown from a half litre of water," Jae wiped his face again.

Yoongi blinked his eyes. It was not as painful as before but his face still stung.

"What did you use just now to clean?" asked Yoongi.

"My facial wash. That's the only soap I have in my bag to clean the pepper oil away. You're not wearing any contacts, right?" Jae asked.

"No contact lenses," he confirmed. He touched his face. His face felt hot and puffy, and he was sure he looked like a dumpling now. "Don't you need to go to work?" asked Yoongi as he checked his watch.

"Friday is my day off at the store. I'm going home," replied Jae.

"You are going to walk all the way to Jongno-gu?" asked Yoongi in surprise. It is roughly 9 km away from Gangnam-gu and walking there is going to take some time. It is as good as a quarter of full marathon distance.

"I was going to take the bus. The last bus is at 12.30," said Jae. She looked at her watch. It was 12.30 on the dot and she was nowhere near the bus stop. She'd probably have to walk after all.

"I will drive you home," he offered.

"No way. I don't think you are fit to drive," Jae refused. In truth she didn't think he could see that well even after she cleaned his eyes. He probably need someone else to drive him home. Secondly, she was not even keen on letting him know where she lives.

"I can see well," Yoongi reassured her.

"Read this," Jae took a piece of paper out from her bag and showed him.

He read the words out clearly, proving that he could. "Now let me send you home. Consider that as a return for pepper spraying me," he said emphatically.