Mermaid AU 2p(ish) USUK

Sooooo I read a fanfic called 'be careful what you wish for' it inspired this. Let's call this one love and comfort.

Warning this story includes

Thought's of suicide

Bullying(?)

Attempted suicide

And I can't figure out if this counts as implied child neglect or abuse? So warnings for one of those

If you think I should add or get rid of warnings please inform me
————————————————————
Alfred stands on the pier staring at the sunset. He never had the best life, Alfred was always compared to his older brother Arthur. Arthur was smart, looked up to by his peers, he was a gentlemen(at least he pretended he was), attractive and didn't cause his other brother harm. All Alfred was was fat, lazy, obnoxious and always got his older twin into trouble.

Him and Mathew are both attention starved you see, but each go about it differently. Mathew stays in the background meekly trying to get attention wen he's recognized for who he was he was given soft praise and love for a short amount of time, wen he was mistaken for Alfred(which is weird because they don't look much alike) he was yelled at for Alfred's mistakes. Alfred on the ether hand tried to get his attention a different way. He was loud, flamboyant, practically begging for attention without actually begging, for him all attention was good attention. But he never meant to hurt anyone, he never meant for Mathew to hate him, he never meant to be the school's laughingstock, the words.... they hurt. But there the only way he can be acknowledged. I mean who wold love him and his ugly, fat ass self?

But....... 'maybe I can make it up to everyone?' He thought one day. And that thought plagued his mind for weeks to the point that's all he thought about, like a robot he went about his day's and those who noticed never cared enough to ask. Maybe if they did they could of stop the fate that would befall him.

Thoughts so many thoughts 'how to make it up to my Brothers, my parents, the teacher's and students that have to deal with me, anyone that has talked to me ever?' 'This idea would world! No they might see it as a joke...' 'maybe this one!! No if I do that then I'll just harm more people with my presence' 'but what if I...........died?' and that last thought shook him to his core. It was the best one, with him out of the picture Mathew had a chance to shine, his parents had one less child to worry about, his teacher's wouldn't have to stress about him, the students at his school wouldn't be cursed with his presence and no one new or old wold have to deal with him. But he was scared, scared to die.

Sadly as the days progressed and he was alone with his thoughts it seemed like a good idea. And he had no one to talk him out of it for those who noticed never brought it up. So for one last day he walked around like a robot, being yelled at for his falling grades, being mocked and ridiculed, ignoring his classes as he stared on in a trance like state, barely eating, but instead of going home like normal he took a walk around the beach side town ignoring his phone occasionally going off. And then as the sun begins to set walking to the pier, pulling out his phone and texting a simple "good bye" to all his 4 contacts and turning off his phone. Wen he reached the end of the pier he set his phone down and just stared at the sun as it went down. Leading up to now.

He wore his favorite clothes today, a pare of jeans, black sneakers a white shirt and an old jacket that used to belong to his grandpa who the last person that gave him positive attention before he passed away. It was big on him but he loved it. Maybe he wold have grown into it..... but now wasn't the time to dwindle on things. A lot of things wold be different if people just cared more, if people weren't cruel, if he didn't think this was a good why to find peace with himself.