Her son's joyful take on her sadness gave her a lesson - Be contented.

For a mother to learn something from her child, I did not expect that.

"Okay okay but slow down, Dwight. Di ka mauubusan." Natatawang usal niya bago tuluyang ubusin ang kinakain.

Her morning routine includes cooking for her children and husband, watering her plants, checking the shop before finally going to the convention by 10 AM.

For breakfast, she's picking between omelettes or bacon. Omelettes are rarely eaten by her family while they had chicken hotdogs for yesterday. She settled for omelettes.

"Morning, Ma."

Jared is an early bird ever since high school. He picked morning classes for college because he believed his mind will function well since it had it's rest for the night. Hindi nga natutulog.

"Omelettes? Wow! It's been ages nung huli kang gumawa niyan, Ma." Jared kissed her cheeks before settling himself at the dining table.

I did not expect that.

She quickly recovered from her son's sudden sweetness.

"How's school? Buti natulog ka agad kagabi at hindi na nag-aral pa. At this rate, you're going to kill yourself." She can't control her frustration for her son's behavior. Daig pa nitong call center agent dahil laging puyat kaka-review.

Studying is great but health should come first. Latin honors nga, may sakit naman.

But of course, she knew the reason.

Instead of debating with his mother about the importance of education for him, he chose to smile weakly and continue eating.

She was shocked at how her son reacted. Normally, Jared would argue that education fuels everything and the world needs someone who is committed enough with studying since more and more college students choose parties over exams.

He once argued that "The essence of being a student is to study. Why call us students if you prohibit us to do our job?".

Looking at her son silently eating his omelette made her question if she hit a soft spot.

I did not expect that.

She was about to ask her son for further explanation when he questioned her first.

"Ma, kamusta kayo ni Papa? Your marriage, I mean."

She immediately looked at Jared with shock. That question caught her off guard. She was expecting a banter from Jared or an education-related matter. Instead, she got that.

Why suddenly ask about his Dad and I?

I did not expect that.

"Bakit mo natanong? Is there something wrong, Anak? Would you mind telling me?"

She immediately stopped drinking her coffee so she can focus on her son's troubled face.

Something is off with him. She can tell.

Before she can further interrogate, Jared stood up and walked towards their front door. Before leaving, he left a remark that made Karina occupied all day.

"Nothing, Ma. I hope you and Papa are okay."

Everything went blur for Karina since hearing Jared's words. Her son is not the type who meddle with her marriage life