40; Mommy Dearest

mommy dearest•A term of irony used for a very self-serving mother with very little inherent nurturing instinct

~

Luciana walked hand in hand with Roman to the family barbecue his family was hosting, along with hers who had flew in this morning. They didn't know her and Roman had gotten back together, all of them assuming Luciana wasn't coming today.

"I'm nervous.. My uncle is going to kill me. And oh my god my brothers," Luciana worried as they approached the door.

"We just gotta face it babe. I know, I'm scared that your family will jump me.. But we love each other, that's all that matters right?" He took her hands in his.

She nodded, taking in a deep breath. She stood on her tippy toes and gave him a kiss.

Roman opened the door for her and wrapped an arm around her waist. Bracing themselves as they walked to the backyard.

All eyes landed on them once they stepped outside. She felt her uncles gaze on them, slightly turning her head, Jose stood there with only two of her brothers, Luciano and Jesus. She looked around wondering where the twins were.

"H-heyyy tío." Luciana nervously laughed. "Cómo estás?"

Jose slammed his drink down and walked towards her and Roman. She quickly stood in front of her husband. "¿Qué demonios está haciendo aquí?"
(what the fuck is he doing here?)

"Por favor no hagas esto aquí, no ahora tío." Luciana pleaded.
(please don't do this here, not now uncle)

"Why are you here?! What the hell is he doing here Luciana!" Jose lunged for him, but luckily her brothers held him back.

"Tío stop!" Jesus held him back.

"Tío cálmese!" Luciano said.

"Tío please stop!" She tried calming him down. "We're back together, and you need to accept it! Whether you like it or not!"

"The hell I will." Jose hissed. "We're going home Luciana."

"No, tío he's my husband. I'm staying with him." She claimed.

"Jose, I'm really sorry. I never meant to hurt Luci or you guys but I love her, so much, and we did work everything out." Roman said, joining in. "We're working and getting back to where we once were."

"You shut up! If you loved her, you wouldn't have an affair with another woman!" He growled.

"Okay okay!" Patricia came in between the chaos. "Jose, Roman, we all just need to calm down. There's children running around."

"I'm very sorry Patricia. We're leaving now, Luciana let's go." Jose huffed.

"No tío." She shook her head.

"Luciana Cardenas de la Rosa Montoya Sanchez, now!"

"It's Reigns now tío! Luciana Reigns Anoa'i! I'm not leaving, he is my husband and he is my life now!" Luciana yelled.

"Baby.. Calm down." Roman tried pulling her back.

Suddenly, Alessio and Lorenzo walked in, some strange woman behind them. Jose eyes widened, Luciana thought she looked familiar but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Luciana!" The woman gasped. She ran towards Luciana and hugged her. "Aye it's really you amor!" Once she pulled back, her smile turned into a frown as Luci displayed a confused expression on her face.

"You're still alive?" Jose blurted out.

"Nice to see you too Jose." The woman scoffed. "Luciana, do you not remember me?"