Chapter XII. CONFESSIONS

When Axel woke up, his head was resting against Will's chest, an arm slung across his back as the lull of music drifting from the fallen earbud resting against the covers played softly in the back. He peaked an eye open, squinting against the single source of light in the room, despite the soft glow the oil lamp offered.

As his eyes adjusted to the onslaught of light, the first thing he saw was Will, obviously. His lips, a light pink, were slightly parted, a slither of bright white teeth underneath. Lifting his head off of his chest slightly, Axel sat up to take a closer look at the sleeping boy before him like the creep he was.

Will's dark hair was tousled, sleep mussed. It looked soft, the long strands falling over his forehead like a flower crown of black petals-tangled together in a messy, yet attractive way.

Axel must have been going crazy to call Will attractive, though as he looked further he realized with a start that yes, Will Anderson was insanely attractive.

His jawline was sharp and strong, the ivory skin pale, yet smooth, a contrast from Axel's own tanned skin from spending most of his days outside in the blistering heat the sun offered. And though his eyes were closed, Axel knew the color of his dark eyes were a beautiful midnight blue.

Will Anderson was definitely attractive, Axel just hadn't necessarily realized that he would find him so.

He didn't necessarily know how or why his feelings for the boy had been able to change so quickly during this camp, yet Axel didn't seem to care. He wanted to learn more about him. Wanted to... he didn't know what he wanted, though he had a feeling that the more time he'd spend with him, the quicker he'd find out.

Axel had never kissed a boy before. He'd kissed girls before-once, twice, and then a lot more. He'd never been interested in going much further with them and had always wondered if there was something wrong with him, based on the way other guys his age acted.

"Are you done checking me out now, batboy?"

Axel's eyes flitted towards Will's closed ones, watching as the corners of his lips curved into a smile. How had he known he was looking at him?

With a sudden burst of confidence, Axel responded. "No," he said. "I'm not."

"Oh?" Will inquired, peeking open a single one of his eyes, revealing the deep blue of his iris. "Is that so?"

"Yes, it is."

Axel fought to keep his heartbeat still. What the hell was he doing, flirting willingly with him?

Will grinned as he sat up from the position he had been laying in, his muscled arms stretching above his head with a yawn. "You're cute, Hunter."

Axel fought to suppress the rising blush he could feel forming on his cheeks. Somehow, being called cute by Will Anderson was a thousand times worse than any other stupid nickname he had come up with for Axel. He even preferred batboy over that.

"Thanks," he muttered, resulting in a tiny laugh from Will.

For a second, they both just stared at each other before Axel resumed talking. "I'm sorry about last night."

"You don't have to apologize, Axel," he said, placing his hand on Axel's thigh.

Axel stared at that hand for a long time before drawing himself from his reverie to speak. "I know-I just, I really appreciate it. For not making fun of me or being your normal asshole self."

He scoffed. "Rude."

"You know it's true."

Will have a wry laugh. "Maybe a little bit, batboy."