Chapter 13

Author's Note: I know it's been months, but Happy Holidays! Hope this update makes you all very happy! From now on I'm just kind of winging how this is playing out, I have no set plan so this should be fun! If anyone has any cool ideas for what they would like to happen in this story, don't be shy to send a message my way! (The more ideas the quicker the update)

Thanks for being so loyal!!!

-Alexis

JOSH'S P.O.V.

It's hard to believe today is the last day of filming. I can still remember the day we got here for training, and I can almost still feel my aching muscles from that week of hell.

 Our work isn't over once we leave the set; it's just the beginning. Interviews, talk shows, you name it. I know exactly what the first question will be from every one of those hosts. "Josh, how was kissing your best friend?"

 I'll sit there, give a look of disgust, and play it off as nothing. But my head will be saying something different. Amazing. That's what it was.

 Jenn and I quickly decided to keep whatever we were starting a secret to the outside world.

 "I'm not ready for the tabloids," she said.

 The press has been great to us so far, mostly because we were the inseparable childhood friends from Kentucky. But as soon as they found out we were something more, the "scandals" would start.

 This is going to be hard. Even just looking across the room at her gives me butterflies. There must be a more manly way to say that... I have dragonflies when I look at her. There, that doesn't make me sound as sappy.

 Her laughter, followed by a snort, drew me out of my thoughts. "I don't know how I'm going to survive until the next movie," she said. "You're all family to me."

 Everyone was gathered around to celebrate all that we accomplished. A hand clasped my shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Hopefully he isn't the brother of the family."

 It was Woody, snickering at his own joke. He lightly shoved me forward into the center of the circle. "Go on, Josh. Go kiss your sister!"

 I took her tiny hand in mine and drew it up to face, pressing my lips against her soft skin.

 "Why thank you, sir," she chirped in a British accent.

 Woody frowned with his eyebrow. "You call that kiss?! Come on man, kiss her!"

 A female voice came from the other side of the room. "Oh Woody, leave them alone," Elizabeth sighed.

 My hand slid around her waist, pulling her closer. Her warm breath tickled my neck and her blue eyes met mine.

 I can't believe this is what I've been missing out on for all these years.

 The cast members cheered and whistled when our lips met. We smiled against each other and pulled away.

 "And that's a wrap!!!" Gary shouted.

The rest of the goodbyes were a blur of hugs and a few tears. We'd all see each other soon enough, so we got on our planes and headed for home.

I had my mom drop off my car to the airport so it would be there when we arrived, incase she was at work. It was just the two of us again, driving in my car like old times. Except something was different this time. My eyes flickered over to our fingers that were intertwined on the center console.

 "So, how do you think our parents are going to react?"  Honestly the only ones that know about this is the cast.

 Jenn's eyes grew wide. "Oh my God, our father's are going to break out the wedding songs."