Chapter 47: Together Again, Together Forever

With their fingers tightly interlocked with each other, hand-in-hand, the two brothers began making their way back home. With Ashura leading the way, Indra was left being dragged by his little brother through the dim forested path.

"Elder Brother, how were you even able to get that far? You can barely even see a thing.!"

"Actually, I can see! It's just that my vision is a little bit of a blurr!"

"Still, that literally means you can't clearly see yet, especially in the dark. It's dangerous out here, Brother."

"Seriously? Who's the older one among us?"

"Elder Brother, I'm serious!" Ashura irritatingly scolded as he twisted his head a bit to shoot a glare at his sibbling. "I highly appreciate you burying Shiro in his honor, but that doesn't mean you should step out of home so late at night with no way of defending yourself. That was very careless of you, Brother!"

"You're the one to talk about careless!"

"Brother!" The young brunette sneered, a red irk mark popping out of the back of his head.

However, in spite of all those annoying remarks Indra would not stop spitting out, Ashura couldn't help but quietly smile and chuckle, knowing that his once depressed and broken older brother now has the capability to joke, even if he was speaking in a low and monotone voice. It was still a working progress through the road of recovery, so all he could do was patiently wait for his older brother to make it to the end.

With his small smile still plastered across Ashura's lips, the two brothers continued on with their journey back home as they finally stepped out of the thick foilage of the trees.

------------------------------------------------------------

Dipping both his hands into a small wooden tub of water, young Ashura then proceeded to wash off the dirt that stuck to his older brother's hands. Whilst building the small makeshift memorial for the brave little puppy, Indra's hands were of course soiled in the process.

"Ashura, I basically digged your dog's grave in the dark and with a blurry vision. I even went through the trouble to find those flowers for him. And I did it all on my own!"

"Your point is?" Ashura asked, his eyes never taken away from his work.

"My point is I can wash my hands on my own!"

"Elder Brother..."

Raising his hand from out of the water, with both hands, Ashura then held it close to his face

"It's the least I can do for you, you have already done enough for tonight!"

Opening his mouth, Indra was about to say something. That's when suddenly, they heard a loud thundering crash that was soon followed by a piercing shattering noise coming from outside of their chamber. This startled the brothers and made them whip their heads to where they thought was the direction to where such thundering noise came from.

"Wait! It sounds like it's coming from..."

Looking at each other, horrific realization then appeared in both of their faces the very moment they found out what the older brunette was about to say. No more explanation was needed when the brothers immediately got up from their places and quickly got out of the room. As they swiftly sprinted through the hallways, Ashura had his hand around his older brother's wrist along the way, worrying that his vision was still poor and may end him up tripping on the floor.

Dragging their heels to a stop, the young brunette then quickly slid the doors to their destination open. The moment Ashura gazed upon what was within it, his eyes then suddenly widened in horrifying shock the moment they were met with an overturned table and what looks to be a very expensive flower vase that was now broken into large pieces, the apparent suspects of such noise. But what had actually shocked the brunette the most was the man on the floor, whom had one hand keeping himself from falling face first onto it while the other clutches on to his head.