Chapter 15

Talia’s POV

                With a little pushing from the girls I had decided to go on the date with Liam. It should be fun, all I knew so far was that we were going to go to dinner and then do something but he wouldn’t tell me where or what so I was left in the dark only being told that it was semi-casual dress.

                There was still four hours until Liam would be taking me out but the girls had already started to get me ready.  I was shoved into the shower first and told to be squeaky clean before I came out. Twenty minutes later here I stood with Shae doing my hair, Angie doing my makeup and Faith creating a hurricane of clothing in my closet.

                Time flew as I sat in the chair waiting for them to be finished getting me ready.  In the end I was wearing a simple pastel blue sundress with white flats and a matching clutch.  My red hair was cascading down my back in soft ringlets out of the waterfall braid done with Shae’s nimble fingers.  My makeup was natural with a slight emphasis on my eyes, the eye shadow bringing out the full green colour.  The whole thing had actually taken up the whole four hours leaving me with only five minutes until I was supposed to leave with Liam.

                Nerves over took me, something that hadn’t happened in a long time.  When the time came to go downstairs I was positive that I was going to be sick that was until I saw Liam waiting for me by the door, the butterflies had disappeared and been replaced with something completely new. He smiled up at me and I couldn’t help but grin back at him as I made it to the bottom of the stairs.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry slink out of the room, his face tense.  For now I let it slip my mind as I greeted Liam for the first time that day.

                “You look amazing Talia!” I blushed at his compliment, looking down at the ground.

                “You don’t look half bad yourself,” I smiled up at him and watched as his cheeks tinted a light pink colour. What I said was true, as I looked at what he was wearing.  His outfit consisted of dark jeans, a white undershirt and a black blazer over the top giving the outfit a more sophisticated look.

                “Shall we head out then?” He asked as he offered me his arm.

                “We shall,” Saying goodbye to everyone we walked out to his car together. Being the gentleman that he is he politely opened my door for me before making his way over to the drivers’ side.

                The car ride consisted of idle chit-chat, nothing special just a normal conversation.   I still had no idea where he was taking me but I was sure that it would be amazing.

                The car pulled to a stop at the entrance to a large park.  It was beautiful, but I was confused, if we were going to be going to dinner why would we be at the park?

                I didn’t notice that Liam had gotten out of the car and was holding out his hand for me at mine. I grabbed it and he gently helped me out of the car.  His hand found mine and together we walked in a comfortable silence, my head resting on his shoulder.

                The pathway was beautiful, the stars twinkled over our heads. He slowed me down and moved so that he was in front of me.

“Can you please put this on?” I looked from the object in his hand and back up to his face, “Come on, please? For me?”

                How was I supposed to say no to that? Sighing I reached out and grabbed the small piece of fabric before tying it around my eyes. He gently guided me further down the pathway.   We stopped a little while later, I felt Liam’s hand leave its spot on my back as he moved to face me once again.  Slowly the piece of fabric fell from my eyes revealing a scene that belonged on the big screen.

                We were standing on the edge of the water as the sunset slowly blossomed. Liam had set up a small table with a white table cloth and a couple of candles. It was really a beautiful site to see.

                “Liam, this is stunning!” I ogled the table for a couple more seconds before pulling my eyes away from it to him.  I swear I saw him blush but it also could have been the reflection of the sun. Liam reached in front of himself to pull out a chair for me.  He made sure I was comfortable before making his way to his own seat. 

                “I hope you’re hungry, your brother ordered the food for me while I set this up,” The both of us chuckled at the thought of how much food Niall would actually have ordered.  We weren’t let down when we were treated to an appetizer, salads, a pasta dish and dessert. By the end of the night Liam and  were almost too full to talk.

                The dinner had been amazing and I was surprised to find that the night wasn’t over yet.  Liam had walked beside me back to his car.   The car ride was spent singing and dancing along with whatever song was on the radio at the moment.

                The car slowed down in front of an old theatre.  I looked at Liam, this building looked like it hadn’t been used in years.  What were we doing here?

                “Liam?”

                “Yeah,”

                “What are we doing here?” I questioned him.

                “It’s a movie theatre,” He made it sound like it was obvious why it looked this way.

                “I can see that but it looks like it hasn’t been used in years,” It still puzzled me why we were here and not going to the movie dome.

                “They only screen private movies, not a lot of people know that they are out here.” That cleared it all up for me, Liam had booked this place to give us some privacy and so that we could watch whatever movie we felt like.  I had nothing to reply with so I just made my way out of the car, waiting for Liam to come around so that we could walk up together.   Liam wasted no time in coming around and wrapping his arm around my waist.

                “So, what movie are we seeing?” I asked him curiously.

                “I guess you will just have to wait and see!” I groaned making Liam chuckle quietly at me.

                The building was coordinated in an Old Hollywood fashion, antique movie posters hung in frames on the walls.  High backed, red velvet embroidered couches were placed strategic places around the room.  All together it was a very comfortable atmosphere.  A man appeared out of the back room,  he took notice of us and smiled before coming forward to greet us. 

                “You must be Mr. Payne,” Liam nodded as I stifled a giggle, “My name is Reginald, I’m the owner of the theatre.  The movie that you requested is ready for you once you are ready for it.  Would you like me to take your coats?”  The man could definitely talk a lot. I handed him my coat after making sure that my phone was in my purse. Liam did the same before dragging me over to the concession stand.  Who would have guessed that Liam had a massive sweet tooth.  Together we got two drinks, a large popcorn, and a bag of sweets.  Entwined together we took a seat in the theatre and the opening credits began.  Liam had chosen to watch We Bought A Zoo.  I had never seen it but it was supposed to be a really good film.

                Multiple tears later Liam was slowly leaning in, I didn’t break eye contact with his gorgeous brown eyes as his lips gently pressed onto mine.  My eyes closed at the gentle contact.  I felt him smiling into the kiss before he slowly pulled back.  I smiled at him, the end credits rolling down the screen in front of me, we could’ve been in the middle of the pouring rain and neither of us would have noticed.

                “Thank you for this Liam, I had a lot of fun,” I pecked his cheek while he stood up grinning like an idiot.  The night had been amazing, I was so glad that I had agreed to go.  All thoughts about the awkward kiss with Harry were erased from my mind for the time being.

AN: I hate how long it has been since I uploaded.  I will understand it if you guys hate me but I had major writers block... Anyways, what did you guys think of the date? And how do you think Harry will react?