Mr. Right? | 36

KAIRO

Time flew by so fast and before I knew it, it was already time for me to go to the football field. I attempted to dress up in a stylish manner in order to impress Alexander but knowing him, he'd probably just make fun of me for being a try-hard little piece of shit - and in the occasion that he did reject me, I'd ruin my attire whilst burying his body. I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Anyway, I'd settled with a pair of black sweatpants and a matching black t-shirt to go with it. I probably looked like I didn't give a fuck about anything at that moment but in all honesty, I did. I gave way too many fucks about what was going to go down.

I ended up taking my bicycle to the field because there was no way in hell I was going to abuse my legs by walking all the way there - however, cycling ended up making my legs hurt way more than walking ever would. 

I showed up a couple minutes early so I had to wait patiently by the bleachers with a cacophony of thoughts racing through my mind. 

Was I really doing this? Was it already too late to turn around and run back home?

When I heard a pair of footsteps making their way over to where I stood, I already knew that it was, indeed, too late.

I cleared my throat and turned around in an effort to look like a sexy little motherfucker, but when I made eye contact with someone who was definitely not Alexander, I hung my head in embarrassment. Wow, great going Kairo.

And then I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

I quickly turned around in anticipation for what was to come and when my eyes met Alexander's, I instantly wanted to dig a whole on the ground, crawl into it and never leave. 

"I got your letter," he said with a small grin on his face. "How long have you been keeping all this to yourself? The letter was a little long."

"Yeah no shit," I stammered, already embarrassed. "Listen - I don't know if you feel the same way about me or not, you probably don't- but even then I just felt the need to tell you-"

He interrupted me by placing his hands on my shoulders and taking a step closer, "Hey, easy. Relax." 

"You think you being so close is going to help me relax?" I stated sarcastically before attempting to push him away, however, he wouldn't budge. So, I gave up and continued with a sigh, "I don't know what else to say. Everything's written in the letter already, what more do you want?"

"I want to hear you say it," he confessed. "I want to hear it with my own two ears or I won't believe it."

"You ask for too much," I huffed. "Alright then." 

I looked up at him with a heavy sigh and swallowed all my fears - and with my heart beating a thousand miles per minute, I spoke, "I like you, Alex. I have feelings for you. I have a crush on you. Do you want to hear it in French?"

He cracked a smile at what I'd said and cupped my face with his hands, giving me a fond look, "Alright, let's hear it, soda boy."

"Tu sens le poisson," I joked and he raised his brows at me before saying, "You know I can understand French, right?"

"Oh fuck," I cursed, unable to hold back the smile on my face.

"Do you want to know how I feel about you, then?" he questioned, tilting his head ever so slightly. I raised my brows at him in a challenging manner, "Sure?"

"How about I show you instead, hm?" he said, his voice dropping an octave lower. Before I could react, he'd already begun to lean in and I got the gist of what was about to happen. However, instead of waiting like any normal person would, I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and slammed my lips against his. 

He instantly smiled into the kiss and moved his hands down to my waist so he could pull me closer, and my heart spontaneously combusted right then and there. We probably looked like a pair of psychotic teenagers to people who passed by - but we didn't care at all. All that mattered at that moment was that I had him and he had me.

Eventually, we pulled away when there was a lack of air, and I breathed out, "Does this mean you'll be my boyfriend?"

"On one condition," he responded with a smug grin.

"And that is?" I urged, my heart still racing and my cheeks still resembling a pair of tomatoes.

"If you'll be my boyfriend as well," he said in an attempt to be cute.

"Isn't that how it works though?" I stated stupidly with a tilted head. 

"Shut up, I was trying to be romantic," he said with a slight pout, tightening his grip around me.

"Oh, come here you," I chuckled, shaking my head at how adorable this stupid man was before hooking my arms around his neck and pulling him down once more for another kiss. 

And as we stayed like that in each other's arms under the light of a million stars in what would turn out to be one of the best nights of my life, I finally realized. What that wise man once said was true after all. 

In case you've forgotten, you can just go back to the start of this journey - or if you're too lazy, let me remind you myself.

A wise man once said; "There is only one happiness in life: to love and to be loved".

 And now, I can proudly say that the latter half of that sentence is finally applicable to my life.