Chapter 62 - Memory filled dreams

Giving out a big yawn you place your ring on the desk and get under the covers. Putting out the ball of fire floating in the centre of the room darkness takes over your sight.

"Ok you can get out now, I'm waiting for Nat and Wanda," you go to open the door.

"No thanks,"

"Excuse me?" He smirks and takes another tart. "Hey!"

"I said no, I'll stay here," you grumble and grab his wrist only for him to lift it up above your head. He bites on the tart slowly making you gulp. "Uncomfortable?"

"Annoyed," you take your hand away and place the tray of goodies away for safe keeping. "But seriously, get out,"

Moving around in the bed you flip over your pillow subconsciously and snuggle up against the cool surface

"That's alright... is your head ok? That was quite an impact," you nod an feel your head for any bumps. The queen leads you to the steps and sits you down, quickly a small girl brings a cup of herbal tea. "Thank you, Genette," you take the warm cup in your hand and sip on the blend.

"Your majesty?"

"Call me, Aelsa," you nod and take another sip of your tea.

Covering your head with the blanket you groan at the sudden headache.

"How's your book?" You jump at the sudden question from Loki.

"Oh, yeah it's really good, I've read it before but I just love it so much," you show the book cover. "The great Gatsby," (I- I have a love for the great Gatsby but change it to your fave book if you want! ❤️)

"What's it about?"

"It's just some stupid romance novel," Tony butts in.

"Yes, a romance book about murder, social class and isolation," sarcasm drips off your tongue as you look back down at the book. "Tony, have you ever read the great Gatsby?"

"Yes-"

"No, Spark notes don't count," Tony pouts before falling behind with a grumble. "Anyways, it's pretty much about a man who moves next door to a rich man who throws lavish parties every night in order to catch the eye of the married woman across the lake, so technically it is a romance book but it goes much deeper than that, the themes of isolation and death of the American dream are so well done..." Loki happily listened to you as you rambled on about the book.

~~~

Continuously walking around the cell you look up at the door more times than necessary, it was 6 AM anyways. No one would come through that door until 8:30, there was no use going back to bed now that you were wide awake.

"You're up early," letting out a shriek the trickster god shushes you. "I come in peace," sighing you stop in your tracks and look around before going up to him.

"I saw more,"

"Memories?" You give a nod. "What were they?" You give a chuckle and sit down in front of him.

"You stole an extra lemon tart from me," he smiles and nods before turning pink. "What?"

"Nothing," you tilt your head at the god.

"There's something more to that memory that I'm not remembering, right?" He nods before turning away. "At least I'm getting somewhere... oh! And I remember talking to you about the great Gatsby while riding a horse!"

"You have a passion for that book,"

"Apparently so... the memories are a little fuzzy though," you look down in your palm. "If... if what you told me about my lost memories, if Jake really erased my memories and filled them with these lies..."

"It's not an 'if', Y/n, he really did that," you moved your eyes up to the god who looked sad... no, he looked guilty. "If I was there, then none of this would have happened," he whispers making you tilt your lips.

"It wasn't your fault, at least I don't think... you're a good person, I know that, all you have been was kind to me and I will always remember that," placing your palm against the glass he looks at it before placing his hand against it. Unknowingly your hand heats up against the cold glass. Watching the gods hand you see it turn a shade of blue.

"Hey... why are you turning away?" He hesitated to turn his head back making you give a tilted frown. "You don't scare me, Loki,"

"But I should, I could hurt you," he whispers. Lifting your hand to his cold cheek you turn him to face you.

"It doesn't matter what I should feel, Loki, it's how I do feel," you hair turns a lilac colour, colour of adoration. "And you won't hurt me," He gives a light smile before looking down. Your warm lips meet his cold forehead, you playfully place kisses all over his face making him smile. "See? I'm fine,"

Looking up at the god he gives a tilted smile. Reciprocating the smile you place another hand on the glass, he brings his other hand up to yours and leans his forehead against the glass. Copying his movement you feel your warm skin touch the cold glass, looking up you see his now piercing red eyes looking back at you.

~~~

I don't know if this chapter was sad enough or not

I don't know if this chapter was sad enough or not... idk man if it's not sad then oh well!

- crybaby ❤️