16 » a long way to go .

Your chapter is ready.
Enjoy!

_

She groaned as soon as she regained consciousness ,  a sleepless night once again .

She laid flat on her back , staring at the ceiling while her eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness .

She silently got up , slipping her feet through her slippers before walking away from the bed , yawning as she walked down the stairs .

Wandering in the darkness of the house , some light from the moon infiltrating through the curtains .

A sigh escaped her lips at the calming scenery , the curtain dancing with the air that blew in . Not minding the chills it gave her , she was already used to having those .

She tore her gaze from it , walking in the kitchen to grab a glass of water , forgetting the fact that the window was opened .

She was about to walk out , but eventually decided to grab some snacks first and watch something , knowing that she wouldn't be able to go to sleep anymore .

She stopped in her tracks to the couch when her eyes caught something , or someone .

There , right next to the couch , a bed was for some reason set-up . With a figure lying on it .

She slowly walked towards it , already having an image of who it could be , but she couldn't really make it out for sure in the darkness .

" renjun ? "
She asked softly , her steps hesitant for some reason as she neared the bed and the figure .

She hesitantly and slowly reached her hand out , debating if she should check it out or just make a run for it .

But before her hand came in contact , the figure turned around , startling her and himself . A yelp escaped both of them in fear , making the boy jolt and then fall in groans of pain as his hand shot up to the lower part of his chest , while the girl jumped a good distance away .

She was still kinda frantic , breathing unstable as she neared the boy again .
" You scared me bitch ! Ah ,What are you doing here anyway ?"

She pulled his arm away , setting it next to him to stop his movement that caused him even more pain . " don't ask me , those idiots brought my bed over here , and I can't close my eyes for two minutes without hearing noises ."

She let out a breath of relief , still clutching the area around her heart . " I can't even leave any of you for a few hours without you guys making a dumb decisions , the things I have to take care of , " She said squinting her eyes at him , covering him with a blanket that was thrown on the couch , warning him not to move or he was going to have to stay in bed for even longer .

She turned a few lights on , sitting on the sofa , right next to his bed . " what ? You said you weren't sleeping , and I came here to watch the tv , leave me alone ."

_

" yeah okay , whatever ."
She carelessly shrugged off whatever chenle was saying , closing the door after shouting for him to not make any other dumb decisions while she was gone , and to take care of the hardheaded boy .