Chapter Twenty-Five

Zinnia:
I am grieving your absence
∗·• ♔ ♥ ♔ •·∗

"Okay, so the name of one of the two is Rhaegar, better known as "The Beast" or that's what Queen Ivraia calls him. No one, but a selected few, has actually seen him. He owns no land but he shares a bed with his lover Epithymia: The dragon Queen of the mountain cliffs in the South.
Currently though-" Ankai stopped himself mid-sentence "I'm actually not supposed to tell you, but I've kept the secret to myself for too many bloody years..."

He leaned in closer and Ethan mimiced his actions automatically.

"He is currently held hostage in Queen Ivraia's dungeon.»

Ethan's brows almost crossed the line of his forehead and hair line.

«W-what, but why...?" he looked around frantically as an irrational fear of the beast bursting through the walls and eating him, presented itself.

"Jealousy» Ankai shrugged «You see, even though Queen Ivraia is possibly the greatest woman in a demon-form that has even been created, she is greedy. Wherever she goes people don't automatically bow down to her like the rest of the seven, they don't really fear her. Unfair if you ask me. And she has been trying to change that as long as I've known her, which is many years...even for a demon..."

"D-does t-this involve Maze?»

«Yes, because Epithyma, The dragon Queen, is not only fighting Queen Ivraia for the South...she is also fighting to get her lover back»

«I-Is that w-where Maze is now...A-at war...?» his own words caused him to tremble as horrible images of bombs, corpses, and blood ran through his head. Ethan himself had never witnessed a real war, not even an innocent battle at the playground as a child, but he had seen enough movies and read enough books about it to know what to fear.

Ankai nodded his head but quickly shot in a "But it's really no serious danger. Demons can't die, we're already dead. We can only get severely hurt which will take a long and painful amount of time to heal, but then again its is better than death»

"S-so Ivraia is fi-fighting the other Q-Queen for the South»

"Yes, she is fighting Epithymia for the South. She wants to reign it all, not just the Golden cost."

"W-what happens if Epithymia wins?"

"I don't know, but it will never come to that" Ankai answered confidently. «She's got Mistress Raksasha on her side».

Ethan nodded.

So, either Ivraia would beat Epithymia - The Dragon Queen- and take over the entire South. Or Epithymia would beat Ivraia and the outcome would be unpredictable. It helped Ethan to be around someone who was confident enough to not even consider the outcome of the latter.

"Y-you didn't tell me the name of the last o-one of The Seven?" Ethan said, and even as his intuition already told him he knew the answer he needed to hear Ankai say it. He had to know for sure.

"Well, she goes under many names and appearances, but I think you know who she is already" Ankai smirked "Despite the fact that she hosts no constant form, she leaves many marks on the world. The most prominent that I can see right now is the one carved into your human heart, and of course the bruises on your neck"

****

A full two weeks had passed and even Ankai had now seemed to grow slightly nervous. The usual mischievous glimmer in his green eyes and his carefree demeanor seemed to be dulled down little by little every day he was left in the unknown or the dark as he liked to refer to it.