Mr. Right? | 27

KAIRO

"Alexander, I can't do this, you're too fast," I whined, crossing my arms across my chest like a little kid. He'd asked me to aid him in being the goalkeeper - he had also told me to try to catch the ball as many times as I could, and so far, I'd caught it only.. zero times.

"Alright, let's take a break then," he said, breathing heavily. He began making his way over to me and took the ball from beside my feet before standing back upright, "You're sweating bullets."

"So are you," I commented upon noticing the beads of sweat on his forehead and on his God-given abs. When I noticed that I had been staring at his abs for too long, I looked away with burning cheeks, hoping he hadn't noticed.

"Hey, don't be shy," he started, making his way over to me. He took a hold of my chin and made me face him and I swallowed nervously. He leaned down so that we were only inches apart from each other and whispered with a smug smirk on his face, "You can stare for a little longer if you want to."

I immediately stepped back, my cheeks only growing redder by the second, "Shut up, I wasn't staring."

"Okay, now come on," he said and began dragging me over to the bleachers on the side where he had his backpack. He reached into his bag as I waited behind him like a lost puppy and he pulled out a water bottle then handed it to me. 

"Drink," he ordered before pulling out another water bottle for himself. I obeyed and removed the lid and took a few sips. Once I'd had enough, I set the bottle aside and stretched my limbs out, "I didn't know you were so dedicated to getting back into football."

He shrugged simply and set his bottle aside before taking a seat on the bleachers and patting the empty seat beside him. I sauntered over to where he was seated and sat down beside him.

"I missed playing football," he confessed in a soft voice before pulling out his earphones from his backpack. I narrowed my eyes at him. Was he really going to listen to music while I was sitting beside him?

He plugged one of the buds into his ear and connected the wire to his phone before choosing a song, then, the unexpected happened. He glanced over at me and placed the other bud into my ear so the both of us could listen together. 

My eyes widened at his gesture and I let out a breathy chuckle, "So now you'll let me listen to music with you?"

"Yes, why? You don't want to?" he questioned, tilting his head.

"No, focus on football," I said, lowering my voice as I imitated him.

"I do not sound like that!" he said, giggling at my failed attempt. 

"Hell yes you do!" I protested before crossing my arms across my chest and puffing out my chest to make me look a little more intimidating. "You wanna try solving this equation for me?"

He scoffed and flicked my forehead in response, "Stop, I don't sound like that." 

"Whatever you say," I responded, rubbing the spot he had hit. "Why were you practicing so late anyway?"

"I don't want to be at home right now," he confessed, looking ahead. 

"Why's that?" I questioned in a soft voice, tilting my head at him. 

He inhaled sharply before turning to face me, "I don't feel comfortable talking about it right now. I think it'd ruin the moment. Can I tell you when I'm ready?"

I paused and looked up at him with my mouth agape and my eyes wide. Then, I basically tackled him into a tight hug by throwing my arms around his neck. He was taken aback at the beginning, but then he gradually eased into it and secured his arms around my waist.

"What's this for?" he mumbled, nuzzling his face into my neck. 

I ignored the sparks of electricity that raged through my body as a result of that simple gesture and stammered, "You've finally learned to keep your personal things to yourself."

"Oh," he said in a low voice. "Or is that just an excuse so you can feel my abs?"

I immediately felt myself beginning to burn up when I realized that he was shirtless and I attempted to pull away but he tightened his grip around me, "I'm joking. Don't let go."

And I didn't question him any further. I simply eased into the embrace and held onto him as tight as I could.

"Hey-" I began but he interrupted me, "Shut up and just listen to the music."

This cheeky fucker.