POLLY'S POV

It's 4 am and I just dragged my ass out of bed to get ready for my flight with Damon. I'm not a morning person and everyone who has been around me long enough knows not to mess with me before I have my fair share of morning coffee.
            Sasha mumbles in her sleep as I step into her room to get my duffel bag. I asked Sasha to pack my clothes for the trip because I had been too busy to do it myself the previous day but not before Olive reminded me what a conniving creature Sasha was. I wouldn't put it passed her to pack one piece Bikinis only and leave out the clothes. But well, I was giving her the benefit of the doubt. I practically inhale my coffee and toast, I need some food running in my system to be able to keep my cool around The fine specimen of a man that ill unavoidably ogle at for the entire day. I mean a girl needed her daily dose of eye candy after all.
          At 05:55, I open my apartment door to a smirking Damon. He is wearing one of his damn suits again. This one was Midnight blue and fitted him like a glove. He leans against the door and I finally stop undressing him with my eyes and then instead scowl at him with which he responds by grinning widely at me, "What? I just got here. what did I do?"
      "Why do you look so damn cheery?" He extends his arm so he could take my bag I ignore him, " you look stunning too. Its too early for your irresistible charm"
      Damon snorts and runs his hand through his sinfully good looking hair, Catching Onto my sarcasm, "Well good morning to you too sunshine. Ok, first of all, I didn't realise I had to be grumpy today and it had to be for your benefit especially and It's about time my irresistible self gets the notice it rightfully deserves" He ends the sentence with a nod like he just said the most reasonable shit ever.
           I simply shrug and brush past him. I refuse to let him see the ridiculous smile that's on my face. I could handle Man whore Damon just fine. But Charming Damon? Oh boy, I was screwed.
     "Your bag"
     "I can carry my own bag Manhattan."
     The corner of his mouth twitches, "Manhattan? That's  what you're calling me now?"
        "Yes it suits you"
          "I won't ask" He chuckles, "Now, the bag"
        I finally give in and hand him my bag, "Such a gentleman" I pretend to swoon and he laughs good-naturedly.
           "Oh don't be such a grouch, you can sleep on the way you know, in case you think my company is complete shit. And I know you're pretty tired" Damon smiles reassuringly. Which is why as soon as we get on the plane I drift off to sleep.
                                ***
            Hours later,  I'm woken up from my sleep when I hear Damon on the phone. His tone is dangerously low, Which means he's really mad. I open my eyes and take my time to appreciate his deliriously crazy good looks, he's taken off his jacket and rolled up his sleeves.
                 He quickly turns around while on the phone as soon as he sees that I'm awake, there is a slight shift in his eyes, he quickly cuts off the man on the other end of the call and comes over to where I was resting. "Did I wake you?" He brushes a hand along my cheek and it takes a moment but I manage to respond without blushing, "Nope I was awake way before that "
He just smiles at my response and leans towards me. My breath catches as his lips meet mine. He kisses me for a little while before pulling back a little, "breath"
I realise I had been holding my breath and I release it just in time for him to kiss me again. I feel the butterflies in my stomach flutter wildly as he pulls me in closer and settles me on his laps. This Man confuses me. One minute he's sweet and the other he is all blunt and Guarded. I got so flustered around him it wasn't even funny.         He places a final kiss to my lips and rests his forehead against mine as we both catch our breaths.
"Hi" He gives me a little smile.
"Hey" I smile back a little shyly at him.
            A throat clears to the right Damon's face hardens as he looks over to address our interrupter. I feel embarrassed and try to get up from Damon's lap but he notices and only grips my waist harder.
"Sir sorry to interrupt but we have arrived in Hawaii."
The flight attendant quickly walks away leaving us alone again. He sighs and faces me.
           "I use to come here with my family when I was a child. My father brought us here every once a year. Irene loved it. Mason, my brother, not so much." He chuckled a little on the last part.
           "Oh, you have a brother?" He lifts an eyebrow at my question and carries me on his shoulder. I yelp at the unexpected lift and giggle at his playfulness.
            He smacks my ass lightly as he walks down the stairs from the plane, "Don't start getting any ideas. You're mine and for the record, I'm holding onto what you said after our date yesterday." Mulling over what he just said, damn did I want to be his. But telling him this would make him bring his guard back up again and probably terrify the poor guy, so I brush it aside and reply to what we both deemed as safe grounds...sex, "I'm counting on it"And I was, Maybe I needed to "fuck him out of my system" as Sasha said. But then.

       Careful.

             A voice inside me warns. I ignore it. Damon lowers me into a car and gets on the other side. I feel so tired from the flight even after the nap I took. So without overthinking it, I rest my head on Damon's chest and shut my eyes.