The Caretaker (Tien)

Comincia dall'inizio

———
TIEN'S POV

I was impatient and frustrated when I got here. My mind kept flashing back to the swift and brutal kick that hit me and knocked me out of the ring. It was a great move, I'll give them that. But I should've saw it coming. My thoughts on the matter disappeared when I felt a new presence in the room. My caretaker, I thought. I didn't expect what my eyes laid on.

The girl was pretty, I thought. Something I never thought about either. I'm dedicated to my training. But my mind couldn't help it on this one. Girls never interested me, not that I didn't care, but again, dedicated to training. The only times I got embarrassed about the matter is when friends would make suggestive comments. I reminisced on a comment Oolong made awhile ago involving Launch, when Goku was still a kid.

Snapping back into reality, I couldn't help but smile a little at her. She looked taken aback so I tried to appear friendly, could be the third eye. It has that effect on some people. Before I knew it she was beside my bed.

We had exchanged some greetings, whoever this girl is, (Y/N) as she identified herself, made me laugh. I don't know what it is about her, but her aura is inviting and warm. No wonder she's in this job field. Something as simple as her presence is soothing, she must be a favorite among patients.

"Ow -shhh- agh," I let out beyond my control. My laughter enflamed the constant pain in my side from my injury. The pain radiated to its near surrounding areas and made everything feel like they were on fire. If only Goku had senzu beans then I'd be fine by now. But I guess I can't complain, since I'm being cared for by someone so fascinating.

I made another sudden exclamation when (Y/N) touched my side in an attempt to get a feel for what kind of state my injury is in. But I flinched away.

"Wow, your hands are freezing." I breathe out. I try to catch my breath since the quick movement made my pain worsen even more. My comment made her face turn red. "Cute," I thought to myself.

"My apologies, I'm always cold. Poor circulation I guess." She let out a faint chuckle and looked down in an attempt to hide her face, clearly embarrassed.

"It's okay, I get that," also letting out a chuckle, "it didn't feel bad since I feel really warm right now anyways, it was just sudden so I was surprised. I'm sorry." Now my cheeks turned red, I could feel them heating up. "Cut it out Tien, why are you letting a random attractive girl affect you like this?" I thought to myself as a means of trying to control his demeanor.

"Oh, if you're warm I can you get a cup of ice water and wet a wash cloth to rest on your head, to cool you off. If you want that, of course." (Y/N)'s voice perked right up, happy to make her patient comfortable. It brought an immediate smile to my face.

"Y-" I started, but got interrupted since she continued speaking, but I didn't mind.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes, considering how your eyes lit up." She smiled at me genuinely and big with her own eyes lighting up now as well, it suited her. I couldn't help the quickened pace as my heart thudded from looking at her. Though I once again embarrassed myself since she noticed that my heart rate picked up. The thing about being in a hospital is that you're hooked up to machines, and my pulse is being monitored. The beeping that tracked my heart rate seemed louder than ever.

"Well, I'll go get the water in a second, along with some more pain reliever to help subside the pain you're in. Let me take care of that wash cloth first." I had noticed the corner of her mouth quirk upwards momentarily when she noticed my heart rate speed up.

I watched her walk into the small bathroom that was in the room, and admitted to myself that I appreciated the view. Her height was average for an adult woman, but since she had scrubs on rather than the old, classic nurses dress, I could see that her legs were long. I admit that I was drawn to that. Her hair color contrasted beautifully with her complexion. In that moment she really had me hooked. But once she entered the bathroom and was no longer in my vision, I snapped out of my fixation.