Chapter Ten

I am emotionally and physically exhausted, not to mention terrified. David and I's relationship as cry buddies still confuses me. It's hard to decipher my feelings if they're just friendly, attraction, or just relief to find someone who understands. 

Today's Thursday and I'm being worked to the bone. Only one more week until the conference, then I plan my escape. Perhaps I can take some of my fellow friends out of here with me. Definitely Amelia and David, I don't want to leave them behind.

I feel very much like the maid Cinderella, only I'm not an orphan and I have no fairy godmother. In fact we don't have many similarities, but I wonder if she fantasized of killing her stepmother and sisters. I very much wish I could kill a few choice people in the pack, including Gwen.

The seemingly scatterbrained girl, has many -if not all- the boys under her thumb. Her parents are normal wolves, but she gained her status through her beauty. She has the face and small stature of a doll. She even has the blue eyes and soft blonde, bouncy hair to complete the look. She looks like a lamb, but much like the rest of us, she's a wolf.

Gwen has it out for me, ever since some of the boys hit on me my first week there. I was the new girl, exciting and pretty. So her carefully thought out game of chess began. She knew how to push my buttons, and I knew how to make her lose the act. This isn't a battle between statuses, this is simply a long, and strategic game of war.

Right now I'm collecting the clothes from the teens to do a few washes. Yet, she poor girl has seemed to forget, again. So instead of placing them in a bin outside her room, I have to go and pick them up myself. As I leave her room she shouts out reminders, and I use that word loosely, about her garments.

"Don't forget to hand wash my undies Stormy! They're very delicate." She shouts down the hall. I hear snickers from different room and smile to myself. Her lace underwear won't stay intact once they take a spin in the wash.

--

Dinner has come and past and I'm still sweeping the kitchen floor. Tacos may be delicious, but are very messy to clean up. While I'm finally pushing the crumbs outside I hear I cynical laugh.

"My, my Stormy, look at you now. I guess our little session did some good. Or maybe you're just getting comfortable where you belong: as an omega." Boomer sneers.

I throw down the broom I was holding, the force on the ground echoes around the empty room. "I'm becoming more powerful than you know! Just you wait, one day you'll regret treating me like trash." I snap stalking out of the kitchen.

"Not so fast, Stormy. It is Thursday after all. We have things to do, it's time for you to lose your mind.

~:~:~

Don't worry, double update today. I just ended it there to create suspense.

| READ | FAN | VOTE | COMMENT | Toodles Michele |