19 - Queen Victoria

Theo tugged on my hand to bring me at his level. "First, I need to smuggle you into Darcy's bedroom."

With a shudder, I huddled against the shrub, and grinned. "For intercourse, I presume?"

"W-what? No, I would never--"

"Never?" I put my palm on my chest, pretending to be hurt by his comment.

"This isn't what I meant. You're beautiful. Of course, I would--oh, crap. I'm doomed either way, aren't I?"

"Yup." I nudged him. "And second?"

"Second, I'll activate Victoria's backdoor."

"We're not going to visit the real her?"

"I don't want to intrude. The secret space has two advantages: it's instantaneous to get there, and we can leave a message if she is too busy to join us."

"Sold."

"We'll have to sneak to Darcy's room, otherwise NPCs will wonder what we are doing there. Don't wanna ruin you."

"Actually, I read a fanfic in which Darcy was caught in a scandalous situation with Lizzy, and forced to wed her. It was quite entertaining."

"Really? How did their marriage overcome such a rough start?"

"With a crop and heated intercourse."

"Stop saying intercourse. I cannot think anymore."

"Take your mind out of the gutter."

Theo stuck his tongue out. "Let's go."

"Can't you teleport us in the room?" I turned to pat my soil-covered buttocks then, glancing at Darcy's own soil-covered bum, decided to keep my hands to myself.

"The teleport feature shares code with the Apparate spell, from Harry Potter." With a grimace, he added, "You do not want to experience that."

Inside the entrance hall, the footman awaited, and stifled a yawn upon our arrival. We walked the corridors in silence, weaving through the servants busy cleaning after the ball.

Theo bit his lower lip. "We'll have to pretend that you're a colleague. I'm not sure Victoria would approve my revealing of the Bridge secret."

"No problem. I'll say I was assigned to the same team as you, to explain the Regency outfit."

"About that, do you want to change before going? I can load modern clothes right away if you want."

"Please. These stays are killing me."

"Sweater and pants?"

"Perfect."

"Don't move." Theo furrowed his brows in concentration.

I shrieked when my gown dropped to the floor, revealing a gray pullover and matching jeans. With a wary hand, I patted my outfit, relieved to have forgone the stiff undergarment, but made an interesting discovery in the process. "Err, could I get some underwear, please?"

Darcy's eyes widened. "Sorry, I forgot."

A tightening around my chest and hips indicated the materialisation of a bra and panties. I looked down in my top to see what he had picked. "What's with men and black lace?"

Blood rushed to his embarrassed face. "It's nice."

"Should we talk about the fact that you chose my underwear?"

He led the way and turned his back at me in hope of ending the discussion. "I'd rather not."

My mocking chortle reverberated in the quiet house, maintaining his flush until we reached the bedroom. With a bow, he invited me to precede him through the door.