Fortune Teller

*Gianna's pov
March*

"Gianna do I have to get a tutor? Mom wouldn't care really!" She tried to insist. "You're getting one and you start tomorrow Gabby end of story, dad and I already discussed it" I said running to answer the door. "What?!" I said annoyed. "Oh, hi Jesse." "Wow what a welcome" Jesse teased. "Shut up" I rolled my eyes and headed back to the kitchen. "But Gianna" "Gabby I swear I'm not having this conversation anymore, you are now stop" I said sitting with my cup of tea. "Do I...?" "No" I cut him off. He nodded and sat beside me. "I hate it here!" Gabby stormed away. "Love you too!" I yelled after her. She groaned and her bedroom door slammed. "Um..." "She doesn't want to go back to school, tutor or school school, and we decided that she is getting a tutor until September when she starts fifth grade" I explained. "Ohh got it" Jesse said. "Let's start again, how are you dearie?" He smiled. I laughed, "I'm tired and stressed." "And baby Levine?" "Baby Levine is doing great. Frankie though doesn't look too good. Could you check her out for me? I've never had a dog of my own so I'm lost. She won't leave Adam's chair." I said walking into the living room. There she was sitting on Adam's chair looking as sad as ever. Jesse sat on the floor beside her and checked her out. "I don't see anything wrong, she just seems sad" he said when he still couldn't find anything a while later. I sighed and watched her for a while. "Can I get you something Gi?" He asked his hands on my shoulders. "Adam" I whispered. Jesse hugged me a long while then. "I wish I could" he whispered. "Come on you should get some sleep" he said trying to lead me upstairs. I shook my head, "not yet, I'm just going to relax on the couch." He helped me put my feet up and relax. "If you need anything call me" he said kissing my forehead. "Thanks Jess" I said kissing his cheek. I heard the door shut and lock and closed my eyes. Frankie's soft paw falls padded over to me and stopped at the edge of the couch. No matter how sad she was about Adam she was loyal to baby and me too.

"Gianna? Gianna?" I heard Gabby's voice carrying from the kitchen. "Frankie?" She seemed worried. I yawned and sat up. "Just another day" I whispered. "In here Gabby" I said. "Oh there you are" she said shyly. "I'm sorry about last night" she said. "Me too, I shouldn't have yelled" I admitted. "Breakfast?" I asked. She nodded and we started for the kitchen. "Frankie come" I called when I didn't hear her. "Frankie?" I called again. I went back to the couch and there she was the same position. I knelt down and pet her. She was cold. I panicked and felt around her chest. Nothing and no warm air from her nose. Shit! "Gabby meet me in the kitchen I'll be there in a second" I said seeing her standing near me. "Gianna is..." "Go Gabby please." "Gi..." "Go!" I shouted tears in my eyes already. I fumbled for my phone and called Jesse. "Hey Gi" he said and I could hear his smile. "Jesse" I choked out. "Oh god Gi what happened?" He asked worried and I heard his keys jingle. I cried, "Frankie" I struggled. "5 minutes, give me 5 minutes" he said and the line went dead. I was sobbing over her when Jesse lifted me on the couch. Jesse knelt beside Frankie checking her like I tried too. A sob caught in his throat and he got a blanket to cover her. "Gianna?" Gabby's voice was very small. "Come here" I whispered and she came over curling up with me. "Is she gone?" She asked innocently. I nodded, "yea sweetie." She cried a little softly and clung to me. Jesse sat beside us comforting us quietly. "I gotta call Adam" I sniffed. I kissed Gabby's head and got up leaving her with Jesse. I dialed and listened as it rang forever. "Mmmm hey Gi" his voice was full of sleep and so sexy. "Hi baby" I said, "did I wake you?" I asked. "Sort of, but Shawn's been trying to get me out of bed for the past 10 minutes anyway" he said sounding more awake. "Um okay I have to tell you something" I began softly. "I don't like where this is going Gi." "Me either" I whispered. "Just tell me."

I took a deep breath, "Frankie's.... Frankie died babe" I spit out. "What?! No!" He said denying my claim. "Baby...." "No she can't be!" He was sobbing now, unable to control himself. "Adam I'm sorry" I said wishing I could be there with him. "How?" He choked out. "In her sleep. She's been out of it the past day or so, I thought she was just really missing you, she was in your chair all day and night. Last night I fell asleep on the couch and she slept on the floor beside me, she never woke up babe. Jesse came and checked her, there was nothing we could do, there were no signs anything was wrong" I explained feeling terrible for not taking her to the vet or something. He cried for a couple minutes and I tried to soothe him. "Cremate her" he said when he could talk again. "Uh okay" I said nodding. "When I get home I'm gonna bring her to the beach, she loved the ocean" he said remembering some fond memory. "Of course Adam" I said. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm good, I miss you terribly though" I said. "I miss you too Gi, I wish you could follow me everywhere so we'd never be apart." I smiled, "I'd love that" I said. "When will you be home again?" I asked. "The end of April, those shows we canceled will go on the second or third week then we have one more and I'll be home for a while" he assured me. "Good" I said sounding selfish. "I...I gotta go, Shawn needs me" he sighed. "Adam" I said before hearing him hang up. "Yea?" He said. "I love you baby, call me later?" "I love you too. Promise" he said trying to sound more like himself. He hung up and I cried. "Gi" Jesse said sitting beside me. "He's heart broken" I cried. "I expected him to be" Jesse said. "He's had her since she was a puppy." "I wish there was something I could do" I said. "Give him time" he said. I sighed and headed to the living room to sit with Gabby. "I'll be back tomorrow" Jesse said hugging us. "Thanks Jess" I said and he walked around to pick up Frankie. I started to protest, I should do that. "It's okay, I'll bring her back" he assured me. "Don't know what I'd do without you, thank you" I said again, sounding like a broken record.

**

"I don't understand!" "Relax Gabriella, we'll go over it again" Holly said. "It's Gabby! And I don't want to!" She yelled. I went into the den, "what's up Gab?" I asked. "I can't do it. I'm too stupid and..." I pulled her close, "you are not stupid! Go take a break, get a snack" I said. I watched her go and turned to Holly, "be straight with me," I said. She nodded and I sat, "she shows many of the signs of ADHD, she can't focus, she's always moving, her learning is seriously effected by it, from what I could get from her it's been like this for as long as she can remember. I know I've only been here 5 weeks and most teachers like to wait until their students are better adjusted but I recommend seeing a doctor" she said. I sighed, "I figured that, I set up an appointment tomorrow, so how about we see you Monday, I don't want to overwhelm her." "Great, I will see you Monday and I think I'll cut out early, she was pretty upset" she said standing. "Thank you Holly, I appreciate this" I said. She smiled, "of course." I walked her out and went to find Gabby in the kitchen. "What's wrong with me?" She asked. "What do you mean sweetie?" I asked. "What's wrong with me? Holly asked all the same questions my other teachers did and mom didn't do anything and you, you made me a doctors appointment. What's wrong with me?" She repeated. I sighed, "your teachers think you have something called ADHD, do you know what that is?" I asked. She nodded, "I've heard about it." "Well Holly thinks you have it too and I've noticed a lot of the symptoms, Adam and I have talked and we think a doctor should see you and and get their opinion" I explained. "What happens if I do?" "Then you'll just have to take some medicine like Adam does everyday." "Dad has ADHD?" She asked. "Yea, he had trouble focusing when he was younger too. All he could focus on was music, much like you" I noted. She smiled, "okay I guess it won't be so bad" she said sounding like she was trying to convince herself more than me.

I took her hand and squeezed it, "that's my girl" I smiled. She looked at me and smiled slightly, "I'm sorry" she said. I eyed her, "sorry for what?" I asked. "Not calling you mom" she mumbled. "It's okay Gab, I don't mind you calling me Gianna" I said. "But you adopted me" she said. "Yes and you lost your mom. I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to replace her, because I'm not." She nodded, "I know you're not, and I don't feel that way, it's just hard" she said. "I understand. When and if you're ready you can" I said kissing her head. We hesitated a minute and I went to make breakfast. Eggs and toast, simple. We ate and laughed and forgot all about the doctors appointment. It was a girls day in, just me and Gabby. "Gianna, wake up, dad's on the phone" she said shaking me lightly. I yawned and blinked up at her before I focused on what she said. "Thanks" I said and sat up in Adam's chair taking the phone. "Hey baby" I said. "Hey, I didn't mean for Gabby to wake you" he said sounding concerned. "It's okay, I was busy this morning running errands and having a meeting with Holly. I guess it took all my energy" I explained. "How was the meeting?" He asked. "She suspects the same so we're going to the doctors tomorrow." "I see, how'd she take that?" He wondered. "As well as expected" I told him. "That's good I guess. When is your next ultra sound?" He asked, "next Saturday" I said smiling. "Guess what I'll be home!" He said. I smiled, "really? Oh baby that's great!" I said happily. "I couldn't wait to tell you." He said and I heard his smirk, "maybe Gabby could spend the night at my mom's and I can get a night with my incredibly gorgeous wife." I blushed at his comment, "I don't think I'm that gorgeous babe, I'm pretty fat" I said. He laughed, "I just saw you on Skype the other day, you are not fat baby, you are pregnant. There's a difference." I rolled my eyes, "sure, see you next week baby, I love you." "Can't wait. I love you too baby" he said.