thirteen

It was the day after Sheldon and Angela had went out for dinner. It was a cloudy day in San Antonio, very cloudy though, and Angela was sitting outside on the patio of their hotel room. She was sitting on a chair with her fractured leg on another chair with a blanket over her lap, and still in her dark blue pajamas. She was in deep thought, thinking about Sheldon.

The fact that Sheldon was beaten yesterday (for being Sheldon), Sheldon wanted Angela to take care of his wounds once they entered their hotel room last night. She would've said 'no' but her mouth picked otherwise. Her small soft hands against his cheek to take care of his cut. It was amazing to touch him. Angela is not one to touch other people, but she enjoyed that wonderful sensation. It's actually funny that she's fangirling over touching Sheldon's cheek.

When Sheldon was fighting back at the man, Angela couldn't help how cute Sheldon looked while fighting. It reminded her of The Walking Dead, since there is a lot of fights, and Sheldon looked like a character. A survivor that looked really...hot? Who knows!

This crushing on him has been going on for a week now. She had longed forgotten that man she was supposed to have dinner with, and only had eyes on Sheldon. That man looked handsome, but it wasn't what Angela...wanted? The word is somehow blurry.

"Good morning." Sheldon said, standing by the door frame. Angela jumped, and looked at Sheldon nervously.

The only word that came out of her was: "Hi."

Sheldon smiled warmly, "May I accompany you?" He said pointing to the seat next to Angela.

Angela nodded, "Yes, yes. You may." She face palmed herself mentally. She sounded off, and she didn't want to sound wierd.

"What are you doing out here?" Sheldon asked.

"I'm thinking."

"About what?"

You, Angela thought. "Me?" Sheldon questioned, surprise in his voice.

Angela's eyes widened, shaking her head. "No! I didn't...say that. I said...you--no! I should stop talking." She stumbled on her words.

Sheldon looked at her, then straight ahead at the city.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound stupid. I...need food." Angela said.

Sheldon rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Little children in Africa need food." He said, referencing to Angela.

Angela smiled, and sighed in relief. She knows she saved herself...for now. Who knows what words she'll screw up in the future. They chatted for a little while until Sheldon wanted to take a shower, and said he wanted to start working afterwards. So, he got up and headed for the bathroom and started up the shower.

Angela, on the other hand, was now daydreaming about Sheldon.

"This is getting out of hand." She muttered to herself as she got up from her chair with her crutches. She went to the railing and looked up at the clouds, almost like she's expecting some sort of cigarette to magically appear in her fingers. Angela killed for one. Really killed for one. But, with Sheldon in the shower and her right outside, he can catch her in the act. Then, he would start thinking about the times he went to her apartment and why it smelt like smoke. She couldn't risk it. Not then, not now, not ever!

Plus, what about 'Amy'? Who is this Amy?! She heard this name two times now and doesn't know who Amy is! What if Amy was Sheldon's girlfriend? What if Amy was his wife? What would Angela do now? Run away until she figures out who this mysterious name belongs to? It keeps bugging her and she wants to know.

Perhaps Amy is beautiful. Maybe even prettier, skinnier, and brighter than Angela. Then what? What would Angela do to win Sheldon's affections? Everything. She would do everything. Even if he's married? Wait. He doesn't wear a ring, Angela thought. No ring, no marriage. How about girlfriend? Now that's a question for Angela to figure out.

Image that, Sheldon and Amy together forever in a park while Angela sits on a bench with sadness written on her face. The third wheel... "No!" Angela told herself.

Once she heard the bathroom door open, Angela hopped towards Sheldon with her crutches (Sheldon in a Green Lantern tee-shirt and kaki pants), and said:

"Who's Amy?"

Sheldon's eyes widened, and his breathing quickened. Exactly what he had expected. Angela was going to ask about Amy. He moved against the wall and walked away from Angela with his back facing her.

"Sheldon, who's Amy?" Angela repeated. Sheldon sighed, but didn't say a word. Angela sighed as well. He won't say anything, Angela thought.

"You don't have to answer. It's just--"

"Then I won't answer. If you want to save yourself the time, you should stop thinking about that name." Then Sheldon flinched as he said that.

Angela leaned against the wall, eyebrows furrowed, and the feeling of guilt rose upon her. "I'm sorry. I just heard that name two times now, and I'm curious."

"Well, stop being curious." Sheldon snapped, still not looking at Angela. He started to fix up the beds since he didn't like standing there awkwardly.

Angela glared at him, "Well, stop denying that name and just answer my curiosity."

Sheldon was taken aback, and turned to face Angela, "I am not denying the name! I just don't feel like talking about it." Sheldon said, whispering the last sentence.

"But I don't understand---"

"You don't have to understand, Angela. Just, please, I don't want to talk about it," Sheldon said. "Not with you."

Angela felt hurt, but did not dare to give up. "What do you mean by 'not with you'?" She asked quietly.

Sheldon raised his voice, "Because I know you will look at me as weak! Men aren't supposed to be weak!"

Angela's eyes softened, and walked towards Sheldon, "Sheldon, I would never look at you as weak. Especially when I know you are not weak. You are strong, stronger than me, and every human being will always look at you as strong."

Sheldon looked at her, and smiled softly. "I think we're both strong." He said. Sheldon suddenly put his slender hands around Angela's waist, pushing her small form to his body. Angela was flabbergasted, and couldn't move. Sheldon, on the other hand, leaned forward to Angela's lips and he was about four inches away from her lips. He closed his eyes and...

"Angela? I've been calling your name for a minute! Can you please retrieve my towel, please? It's on the bed." Sheldon called, his head poking out of the restroom.

Angela shook her head as if she was in a trance, and turned around to see his head out of the bathroom. Darn it! I was daydreaming!, Angela thought. She went to the bed and grabbed the towel, and gave it to Sheldon.

Sheldon grabbed it and smiled. "Finally," He sarcastically says. "Set up our laptops. We gotta get started or else we're not sleeping tonight." Then, he closed the door.

Angela sighed, and decided to change her clothes as well. She blushed as she was remembering her daydream.

I was going to feel his soft lips against mine, Angela thought.

[Hi! Sorry if it was short but it was just a filler. Thank you all for reading this story! It means a lot! Thank you!]

~Neon_Trees33