ix.

CHAPTER NINE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

----

IT WAS LUNCH and the three of us were seated on the picnic table in the sunny, scented garden. This garden was probably the best thing in the academy.

Serenity flows in the breeze around the garden. Peace practically emits from the pink and white roses which were not too far from me.

It was quite ethereal here.

I break my stare from the roses when I hear footsteps behind me.

I see Kota wave at the presence behind me but I could already guess who it was. I could feel the deadly aura emitting.

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

That familiar, deep voice again.

Is that his fucking catchphrase to me or what?

It's not ethereal here anymore. It's a dystopia now.

I scoff and turn around, "Did you leave your glasses at home? I'm obviously sitting on the bench."

Theo chuckles at us. This guy always finds us two fighting amusing.

Elijah opens his mouth again but before he could say anything, Kota glares at him.

"She's my best friend and she has the right to sit here." Kota states, staring at Elijah with a stern look, "You two can either sit here or leave, we don't care."

I smile at Kota, "Thank you, Kota."

God, he's a sweetheart. He reminds me so much of my best friend back in Switzerland.

If she was here with me, things would've been even better.

Kota sends me a sunny grin, "I'm only doing my job."

Theo shrugs his shoulders and takes a seat next to me. At least, someone's better than this dark thunderstorm behind me.

"Hey, babe." Theo greets me with his usual flirtatious tone.

I glance at him, "Hey, Theo." I give him a small smile.

He twists his calm expression into a horrified expression.

"Did you - Anna - just acknowledge my presence after ten years?" Theo dramatically gasps, widening his eyes at me.

Yeah, I'm shocked too.

I snort, "You're being dramatic, Theo. Well, I think you're not that bad considering the worst is standing behind me." I chuckle as I point my thumb at the guy standing behind me.

Elijah throws a glare at me, "Why the fuck are you so annoying?" He frowns at me.

Aw, isn't he so cute?

I give him a sarcastic smile, "Are you confused and agitated? My work here is done."

"Aren't you gonna sit?" Nico asks as he looks at Elijah. This guy was acting too childish just cause I'm here. Spoiled brat.

"I don't want to sit next to her." Elijah scowls, throwing me a dirty look.

"Fine then, go sit on the grass." I shrug as a point to the ground.

Elijah thinks for a few seconds and sighs. He finally takes a seat next to me.

Wasn't that hard, was it?

"So," I turn to Elijah as amusement dances in my eyes, "Should I call you grumpy bear or dark thunderstorm? The names suit you well." I ask cheekily as I tap my fingers against my cheek.

The boys chuckle while Elijah's glare only hardens but it didn't faze me at all.

"I have a name." He coldly replies with a roll of his emerald eyes but I simply smile.

I arch an eyebrow at him, "You didn't know my name, so why should I know yours?"

"Damn, this is fun to watch." Theo mutters, staring at us with a grin.

"This is some new type of entertainment," Nico mumbles with a chuckle while Elijah glares at him.

"I told you guys, you'll love her." Kota brightly cheers, nodding with a proud smile.

Yeah, I love myself too.

"Shut the fuck up. It's not funny." Elijah hisses, throwing the boys a glare before scowling at me.

Aw, cutie!

"You. What is wrong with you?" He asks, pure hatred lacing his words.

I feign a sweet smile, "Do you want a list?"

The boys let out a chuckle and that made the devil even angrier. He looks like he could kill anyone any second.

Elijah quickly gets up and speedily walks away from us. Well, from me. He doesn't even look back as he continues to walk away.

Okay, I might be regretting getting on his nerves.

Just a little, though.

"What a dramatic princess." I mutter, watching him fade away in the crowd.

" I mutter, watching him fade away in the crowd