41 - Morning

"Hermione. Did you know that I love you?" Draco smiles as she walked into their room after punching Alexandra

She smiles and laughs, her hair falling in her face, "I did, actually. Did you know that I love you?"

"Salazar...we just became that couple...didn't we?" He sighs

"If the shoe fits."

Hermione walks straight to her bed and plops down, exhausted from the morning she had just had

Sighing she thinks back on the past few weeks.
They had spent the holidays together, came back and were attacked by Alexandra and her little love potion, then they told each other they loved them, then they decided their wedding date and Hermione pinched Alexandra. All that before Valentines Day.
At this realization, Hermione sits up quickly and rushes over to check the date on her calendar.

Realizing what day it was, Hermione all but ran out of their room and ran straight to Luna and Blaises room before knocking on the door furiously.

Finally, Luna opens the door and Hermione all but yells 'Happy Birthday Luna!'

"Oh hello, Hermione! Thank you for your birthday wish, but you do realize my birthday was yesterday? Today is the fourteenth. Otherwise known at St. Valentine's Day." Luna explains

"I know, Luna. But we had so much going on the past few days that I didn't even think about the dates. So I hope you'll forgive me for not realizing it sooner?" Hermione asks

She didn't know why she felt so awful for forgetting Lunas birthday...they didn't even celebrate Hermione's birthday earlier in the year.
Although...they were just getting accustomed to everything and their new lives.

"That's quite alright Hermione. But if you don't mind, I think I'll go spend the rest of the day with Blaise. Thank you for stopping bye." She smiles before shutting the door

She walks back slowly to her room, a bit sad they never celebrated her 19th birthday all of the sudden. It hadn't bothered her until today. And on top of that...it was Valentine's Day.

Walking back into their room, Hermione sighs before mumbling, "It's Valentines Day."

"That it is. Rubbish holiday." He says, closing his eyes and leaning back

"It's not that bad! Only if you go to Madame Puddifoots. But I've only been in there once and heard stories." She tells him

He may not like Valentine's, but she appreciated the holiday.
She's never been able to celebrate the holiday while she's been in a relationship so she was hoping she and Draco would celebrate in some way.

They sat in silence for a bit, enjoying their Sunday morning before deciding to head to the Great Hall for breakfast. Ready to face the Valentines Day decorations and the many many couples.

Walking down to the great hall hand in hand, the pair chats and discuss how wonderful today was now that Alexandra was out of their lives. Everything should go smoothly for the rest of the year now.

Ginny and Harry were getting married in a month, Ginny had her dress and everything was planned and ready for their marriage.

Hermione and Draco part ways to go to their house tables, Ginny and Luna are both at the Gryffindor table while Ron and Harry were missing - probably planning their valentine dates for later this evening or sleeping in like the often did.

"Morning, Hermione!" Ginny says happily while stuffing her face with eggs

"Good morning Ginny." She says, taking a seat and filling her plate

"What's wrong with her?" Ginny asks Luna quietly, who shrugs in response

Hermione sits quietly at the table, listening to Luna and Ginny discuss their Valentines date plans.
Hermione wasn't really upset, she was just a bit jealous.
Draco didn't like Valentine's Day so he probably wouldn't do anything for her.
And with that thought Hermione knew exactly what she was going to do about her predicament.

"Hey guys, I've gotta go...I have a few things I need to do! See ya!" Hermione says excitedly, running off in the direction of their common room, hoping Draco didn't notice her get up and leave the Great Hall so quickly

Sure, Draco didn't like Valentine's Day, but that didn't mean they couldn't have a romantic date night, right?
Right.

Hermione runs into their room and writes out a quick note to give to Hermès so they have can have supper.

While waiting on Hermès to return, Hermione conjures up several candles and turns her bed into a table for them to eat at.

By the time she had finished setting up their room for their date, It wasn't even half eleven yet.

And she hadn't told anyone to occupy Draco so he wouldn't come into their room and ruin the surprise.
Racing to the common room, Hermione sits and waits for someone to enter the common room, hoping it wouldn't be Draco.

\\~//
As soon as Draco sat down at the Slytherin Table, Blaise began telling him all about his plans for his Valentine's date with Luna.

Draco blocks out his words, nodding every few minutes and continuing to eat.

"What are you and Hermione doing tonight?" Blaise asks, waving his hand in Draco's face

"Nothing. I hate this ruddy holiday. Not to mention it came at a really rubbish time." He mutters, taking a bite of toast

"Mate...girls want special Valentine's Day dates. They wanna feel loved on this stupid holiday. I hate it just as much as you but Luna asked what we would be doing for our date last night and I've had to spin up a bunch of stuff so she wouldn't be disappointed. I mean, we just celebrated her birthday yesterday...there's absolutely no need to celebrate St. Valentine today. But they want it. So you better be planning something for Hermione." Blaise says matter of factly, proud of the knowledge he held that Draco didn't. (That didn't happen very often)

Dracos head started buzzing, thinking about how upset Hermione might be if he didn't do anything for her.
That was why she was talking about it earlier.
Shit.
He told her he hated the holiday.
Now he had to rush to make plans so he wouldn't disappoint his fiancée.

\\~//

I'm absolutely knackered. I just worked a TEN hour shift.
I'm heading to bed.
I know this sucks but I'm pooped.
We're low staffed at work so I'm having to pick up the extra shifts...
Kill. Me.
My feet hurt.
Spare me pls. I'll make it up next week.

Shelby xx