EIGHTEEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
SHOPPING
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta had met up with Sarah, who had convinced the brunette to come shopping with her for midsummer dresses. Of course it didn't take much convincing. Atlanta Shoupe loved shopping, she always had.

The two walked through the small mall that they had, arm in arm. Sarah had told her how she went to the archives yesterday with a secret someone.

Atlanta pestered her for ten minutes to let her know who this secret someone was, but Sarah refused to tell. Which only made Atlanta want to know more.

The brunette had told Sarah all about JJ and how happy he made her. Sarah was so excited for the girl, she deserved to be happy, especially after everything she had been through in the past few years.

She also told the blonde about what Rafe did, Sarah was disgusted by her brothers actions and words. She hated that she had to call him brother, especially when he was so disgusting to girls, even ones he had know practically his whole life.

"Oh my god! Atlanta this dress would look beautiful on you." Sarah said as she held up a white spaghetti strap dress with a small laced detail.

"Should I try it on?" Atlanta questioned as she held the dress up to her body. Sarah nodded with a huge smile.

"Let's go." Sarah grabbed Atlanta's hand and pulled her in the direction of the changing room. "Let's take this little thing out." Sarah said reaching up for the flower, without even thinking Atlanta's hand wrapped around Sarah's wrist.

"No." She snapped and then realised what she did. "Sarah I'm sorry sorry." Atlanta looked down in shame. "I-"

"It's okay, I shouldn't have, I'm sorry." Sarah also apologised.

"You didn't do anything wrong it's just-" Atlanta sighed. "My mom."

Atlanta stared down at her mother's grave, nobody had turned up. It was just her, Barnaby and their father.

"Where is everyone?" Atlanta questioned looking up to Barnaby. "And why aren't there any flowers? Auntie Claire had loads of flowers."

Victor placed his hand on his Children's shoulders. "Nobody's coming." He whispered. "I'm sorry kids."

Barnaby knelt down and picked one of the flowers that they had brought and placed it in Atlanta's hair. "You're her little flower now."

He attempted to smile to cheer up the 13 year old. He tapped her nose lightly and pulled her in for a long hung. He was only 15 himself, no teenager should have to go thorough losing a parent.

"Am I enough?" Atlanta whispered, Barnaby felt his shirt dampening due to her tears.

"More than. Mom would be happy with the turn out." He attempted to reassure the brunette. "She loved you Attie."

"She loved you both, son." Shoupe said, trying to comfort his son. "Say your goodbyes." He said calmly.

Atlanta held Barnaby's hand tightly, she pressed her lips against her finger tips before touching the gravestone. "Goodbye mom." She said and let a few tears roll down her cheeks.

"Bye mom." Barnaby said as he nodded as if he was finally accepting that their mother was dead.

Atlanta sat at the island with Sarah, who was now refusing to go to midsummers, despite buying a new dress. "You're not dressed?" Wheezie questioned shocked.

"No I'm not going." Sarah shrugged looking over to Atlanta who was in her dress.

Sarah had offered to do her hair, which she had curled and pinned two strands back with a white flower clip that Atlanta had in earlier that day.

"It's midsummers, you've been talking about Midsummers since last year. You have a date remember?" Wheezie reminded Sarah.

Atlanta felt bad for Topper, despite what an ass he had been lately, he was still going to be alone walking in to midsummer, and Atlanta knew how much it meant to him to be walking in with Sarah.

Every year, Atlanta and Topper walked into midsummers together. It was only this year that he has asked Atlanta if it was okay to walk in with Sarah. Atlanta was upset, but she said that it was okay.

"I have to go Sarah, I will hopefully see you later, but I promised that I would drive Barnaby and Campbell here and we'll they're still stranded at home." Atlanta said as she kissed Sarah's cheek. "Thank you for today."

"Bye my sweet!" Sarah shouted smiling as the girl walked out of the Cameron's house.

The girl had arrived at midsummers and noticed that Topper was stood on his own, looking around for Sarah. Atlanta felt bad since she knew that Sarah wasn't going to show.

Atlanta linked arms with Topper, she didn't even bother to look up at him. The brunette had not forgiven him in the slightest. And she probably wasn't going too.

"Does this mean we're friends again?" Topper questioned curiously.

"Not at all." Atlanta scoffed in disbelief. "Sarah wasn't sure if she was coming and I didn't want you to walk in alone. I knew how much it meant to you. Plus, we walk in together every year."

Topper thought back to their very first midsummers and couldn't help but smile, even when they didn't know each other they walked in together.

"I'm sorry." Topper paused. "I shouldn't have let Rafe do that to you and I shouldn't have tried to lock you in the car. You're my best friend Atlanta Shoupe." Topper smiled. "I wouldn't ever want to do something that could put a strain on that friendship."

"Apology accepted you ass." Atlanta chuckled. "You clean up nicely."

She may forgive him, but she certainly wouldn't forget. There was no way that they would be able to go back to the way they were before.

"Well I think you look very beautiful to tonight." Topper complimented the girl and he truly meant it.

"Thank you T."

"Hold my hand you idiot." Campbell said as he held out his hand for Barnaby.

He anxiously grabbed Campbell's hand. This would be his first outing with a boy in front of so many people. He was just scared of what they would think about him.

"I'm just nervous, Cammy." Barnaby whispered.

Campbell froze again the nickname, nobody ever called him anything other than Campbell. "Don't call me that." He said calmly. He hated nicknames, they weren't his name.

"I'm sorry." Barnaby apologised. "You look great tonight."

"Thanks but I never thought you'd get me in a monkey suit." Campbell announced as he ran his hands over the tuxedo.

"You look great." Atlanta said turning around to face Campbell with a toothy smile.

"Thank you Atlanta." Campbell smiled widely at the girl. "As do you." Atlanta did a small curtsy in her white dress.

"Come on, Attie." Topper said as they lead them in.