*•✿Chapter 10✿•*

Copyright ©Shazneem Tamana

*❀*¨'*•✿Chapter 10✿•*¨'*❀*

We told uncle about car being back up the road and turned towards it but halted as I heard. .

Footsteps and heavy breathing noises. We looked up as several people walking our way, instantly both men were by my side. Looked like confusion was my best friend as i took in both uncle's and papa's reactions.

"Roberto Sir, why had you blocked us from contacting you?" A man asked, he looked in his early twenties perhaps. Well built be was as he came forth topless. The man was followed by three more men who seemed younger than him. He sized up my father to which I grunted at and took position in front of papa. No one looked at him like that, I couldn't handle it. Anger rose up in me. The mans eyes fell on me straightaway, oh great now I get a once over! It was annoying.

My father growled at him making me yelp at the sound. I heard the man say

"Aww how cute a stray dog and his puppy" he chuckled but it was cut short when he was pinned on the car hood by my father. Uncle was by papa's side making a growling sound. My eyes widened at the sight, how did they get there so fast? I questioned myself for I had not seen them let go of me and run to the guy.

"YOU SHALL NOT SPEAK TO HER IN THAT MANNER CLEAR! NOT AT HER, ABOUT HER NEVER!!" My father shouted at him, my feet went back in shock. The sheer volume of anger hit me in the face, I felt I should cower at papa's feet. But something in me nudged me to to. So I remained standing straight.

Gasps followed in reply to papa's words. I looked to see shock on the other men's faces and noticed their heads bowing slightly. It was as if they were resisting a had forcing their head down. Did that and sense?

Papa backed away, his face looked pained and he shook his head. Turning around he walked to me and hugged me tight. I looked on as the man stood straight his eyes never left my father.

"Who are you?" He asked. His voice was coated with suspicion and shock. Before papa could answer, uncle cleared his throat and with authority said

"This is Dario, my elder brother"

"It can't be! He is dead we were told!" One of the other men said. His face was hidden in the shade but his eyes were a sharp colour of green. I shivered at the look in those eyes, accusing, demanding eyes.

"Enough. We shall talk at home OK?" Uncle said and eyed each one as if to challenge his words. They nodded

"For now we will leave it but once we reach the pac. ."

"ENOUGH!" This time my father spoke. I looked at him, he looked scared. I hugged him tight and he looked down at me

"I love you Belle" he said. I smiled as he said those words, my papa was my everything. He was my trust, my respect and honour. He was the only thing I could hold on to. . . He was my hero.

"As I you Papa" he smiled, kissing me on the head he nudged me forwards. They had brought a car. We got into it with some of our belongings. Uncle told two of the four men to statpy behind and gave them a look to which they nodded. A frown crossed my forehead and I looked at papa. He smiled, shaking his head then did something that made me laugh. He messed up uncle's hair and laughed aloud as uncle huffed looking at papa pointedly. Papa laughed more. But as he looked at me I could see some of it was a front as hidden behind his eyes, were nerves and fears.

I didn't know how his family and friends would react. I was not even sure if there was family other than uncle. My nerves peaked up as i felt papa's frame become tense beside me. Looking out side as we drove on, all I could make out were trees and more trees. I squeezed his had, reassuring him.

I was going to a place I had never heard of before today but he was going back home, where he grew up. The place he left behind without a backwards glance.

"Is she still alive?" Papa asked. I paid no attention to the two men who were in front of the car and could hear our words. Uncle faced father and nodded.

"Will she. . .forgive me?" The nerves in papa's voice pained me. Who did he talk of? Who did he fear?

"I don't know Dario I really can't answer that"

The car turned a bend as it turned I gaped at the sight before me. A half mile away, stood a large and proud white mansion. There were no other words to describe it. It was magnificent. I looked at papa

"This is your h. ." I stopped my words as i saw his eyes shimmer in remembrance delight.

"Home" he finished my sentence. We came out of the car. Me in the middle while my men aka uncle and father were by each of my sides. My arms were squeezed as thy both said in unison

"Welcome home belle"

****

Longtime no upload huh?

Hope you liked it.

Next chapter should be a good one

Will try to post sooner

THANKYOU for reading

Copyright ©Shazneem Tamana Unedited