Chapter 54

This chapter was meant to be uploaded a couple of days ago however due to worldwide events and the actions that took place over the past week and a bit, I had to postpone it. 

What is going on right now should be important for everyone. It's far more dangerous than Covid and much more important than political standing or religious views. RACISM IS NOT A CHOICE. If you are reading my book and you think that the riots that are currently going on are unnecessary, then leave. If you think that the buildings getting trashed and the money businesses are losing is more important than HUMAN LIVES then stop reading. If you think that the police are in any way shape or form not blame for what happened to George Floyd then I would rather you never read anything that I've written ever again. 

Police brutality is REAL, it is HORRIFYING and it is HEARTBREAKING. 

I'm white and I have known my privilege a long time and have always tried to educate myself. However, after the events that took place, I realise that I was not doing enough. It's not only about educating yourself but educating those around you - your family, your friends, your coworkers. STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT. 

 I have unfriended, cut off and argued with quite a few people who I considered friends over the last couple of days, you cannot assosciate with people who do not value HUMAN LIFE and call yourself an ally of the black lives movement.

My heart goes out to the protesters and I stand with you. I will be sharing a list of petitions and donations sites on my wattpad Instagram much like I have been all week on my personal one but I WILL ALSO:

Give this space to any black writers who are reading this. Please, leave a link to your work below and a little about your book. I will be reading them and giving feedback and sharing my favourites across my social media! 

If there are any black artists, graphic designers or anything also, leave a link to your work or send them to me at nobodygirlwattpad@gmail.com and I will also share them. 

WE STAND TOGETHER. 

#blacklivesmatter 

........

Holy shit we hit 580K!!! You guys are unreal. This is a chapter that I've wanted to write for so long but didn't know how to get it perfect - after a couple of rewrites and changing my mind I hope you enjoy!! 

.

.

Chapter 54

We drive for quite a long time, music softly playing between us as Trent tells me about his day in an attempt to stop my guesses.

The houses around us turn into trees and hills, any sign of people being left and wilderness taking over, the setting sun getting lower and lower in the horizon. 

The nerves in my stomach were still coiled tightly but the giddiness coursing through me was making my toes curl. My body just didn't know what to do with itself. 

Looking over at Trent, I realise that his knuckles are pretty much white and the muscle at the side of his neck is protruding quite harshly - at least I'm not the only one who's nervous. 

I give up on trying to guess as we take a turn and head back into a forest, descending into the valley below through winding roads and breath held in anticipation. 

"Is this when you murder me?" I tease, motioning to a sign that we slowly crawl past which indicates that the road isn't suitable for cars and that the property is private, "Are are we breaking in somewhere?"