THIRTEEN

[thirty first of october 2019]

WITH EVERYTHING THAT WENT ON IN HER life halloween had been the last thing on apollos mind. it wasn't until yesterday when her friends texted her asking if she had any plans that she remembered it. she had no costume and she certainly didn't feel up to clubbing. they insisted that they would stay in and watch horror movies with her the whole night, apollo insisted they went out and enjoyed themselves.

they found a happy middle-ground that involved her group of friends getting ready at her house with some pre-drinks and horror movies as background noise before heading out and trying to pull someone for the night. apollo really didn't want to make her friends go through all of the fuss but they would not stop pestering her until she said yes. 

that is how she ended up sat on her sofa, hair wrapped in a towel with a face mask on and still wearing a robe; while all of her friends were in costumes and frantically applying their makeup in different spots all over her front room. 

all of the girls had opted for a sexy halloween costume, rhea as a devil, leigh as catwoman and savannah as jessica rabbit. they were working frantically on their makeup to make the looks pop. then you had cherry, sat in the corner, struggling to put her shoes on over the big pixelated cardboard that covered her body. she had chosen to go as a naked sim, with the green plumbob over her head and everything.
she saw it as an easy and quick option, however she still managed to make it neither easy nor quick, turning up at apollos flat and begging her to help quickly colour in the squares with minimal felt tips and causing a big ordeal only hours before they were due to go out, slightly delaying their plans; but they couldn't be angry as it was quite funny and a very cherry thing to do.

"did you have a costume planned if you did decide to go?" leigh asked, trying to hint to apollo that she should join them and forget her worries for a night. 
she shook her head, not interested in spending her night in a sweaty club with subpar music for hours on end. "i still have a cat costume from about three years ago in my wardrobe but that is not making an appearance tonight, i've not even shaved my legs." she joked. 

savannah also tried her hardest to convince her friend to go with them, after they all took a shot she went over to her, "couldn't the promise of really fit boys tempt you to come out with us?" 
they all laughed, knowing that there was a likely chance there wouldn't even be any fit boys that apollo would be interested in. that was something they always teased her on. her inability to commit to a one night stand, not interested in that whole scene and favouring forming a real relationship. 

"you know i wouldn't even be interested in the fit boys anyway, besides i've got harry." she said, not even thinking about how she mentioned the boy as if they were serious. it took her a while to acknowledge it too, only when her friends gave her puzzled looks and a chorus of 'harry?'s attacked her she realised what she said. 

"since when did you two start moving serious?" cherry quizzed, all of the friends desperately wanting to know more. "well it's not serious-" she got cut off by the sound of her phone ringing on the coffee table, she practically ran away to see who it was and when she saw it was harry she was a mix of glad and then annoyed when she thought of the questions her friend will still ask. 

"one sec." she gestured quickly and ran out of the room, ready to answer the phone. hearing her friends shouting about how she was 'saved by the bell' and then discussing her previous mentions of harry, speculating over what was happening between them.

"hello?" his voice rang cheerily down the phone, she replied with a short 'hi', not wanting to seem rude but selfishly hoping he would hurry up so she could assess the situation that was her friends and their ambush of questions. "alright, i was wondering if you had any plans today? i know its halloween and you're probably busy but all my mates are going out clubbing but i wasn't up for it and i wanted to know if you fancied like- i don't know horror movies and a couple drinks on the sofa?" 

she was smiling down the phone at his offer, "that sounds great, i don't have any plans either but my friends are getting ready to go out at my house. they should be gone in about half an hour if you want to come over then?" 

he was on the other side of the phone grinning like a madman at her shared eagerness to spend more time together, he agreed and let her go as he could hear the chaos behind her. "see you then." 

she returned to her front room, frantically trying to dodge questions about the boy that she accidentally mentioned who was actually going to be arriving on her doorstop in approximately thirty minutes. 

"have you shagged him?"
"is he a good kisser?"
"what does he even do?"
"is he proper fit?"

were just a few of the questions her friends would not stop shouting at her, "no i've not shagged him and thats the only answer you're getting," she crossed her arms and sat on the sofa, hoping they'd shut up, "also yeah he's quite fit." 
they all laughed and teased their now blushing friend, as she was aware that they had less and less time to get out before harry arrived. 

"also that was him on the phone and he's coming over to watch horror movies and stuff in like not very long so please hurry up, i don't need you all scaring him off this early." she joked and her friends all feigned offence.
"we would never do such a thing." rhea gasped, but the other friends burst out laughing at her, knowing full well they would. 

while she was trying to persuade her friends to hurry up and get out of her house and into the uber, three knocks on the door echoed through the room. "he's here!" cherry cheered out, far more intoxicated at this point. 
apollo ran to the door before her friend could, not wanting to give him a shock when three random women open the door. she practically pulled harry into the house and left the door open behind him. 

"hello it's so nice to see you!" she cheered slightly too enthusiastically, putting it down to the alcohol and her friends presence putting her on edge. "my friends were just leaving to go clubbing for the night, weren't you."
they all smiled and said some introductions to harry before they actually left her house, causing some apologies to fly out of apollos mouth. he laughed and put a hand on her shoulder to shut her up, "it's completely fine, let's just go watch the purge or something and get drunk." 

she laughed and agreed, leading him over to the sofa with bottles of wine in hand and covering themselves up in blankets for the night.