5

"Hey. Sweetie. It's okay to be scared." Your father said, stroking your hair.

He was holding you to his chest. You were crying. You couldn't remember why.

"I didn't mean to." You whimpered, your fists clenching his shirt. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. You'll be okay. They won't hurt you. Mom and Dad won't let them hurt you."

But your fathers words were fading. His arms wrapped around you fell to his side and all so suddenly you were being tugged away.

And you cried and squirmed and tried to hold onto him.

But the hands tugging you away were too big and strong.

Your body was too small and weak.

And wherever you were being taken... your parents couldn't follow.

***
Present Day

You never knew someone could have that much raw strength. Enough to destroy an entire concrete building with a single up-drafting punch as well as the arm that threw it.

You laid on the ground, rubbled surrounding you. The sounds of falling of debris and dust filled your ears along with the remnant ringing of the wind from Midoriya's attack.

All that was truly audible, though, was your breathing.

The shock of it was wearing off, but still you stared wide eyed at the ceiling wondering what the hell just happened.

Suddenly, then, something trickled down onto your skin.

It felt like cold oil, maybe water, but when it came into contact with your lips, it tasted... sweet, almost burning. Once you blinked a few times, you realized the breaths that were heaving weren't your own.

Then, wild blonde hair and shinning red eyes came into focus right above you.

It was Bakugo. Holding himself up on his elbows, his sweat mixed with dust falling from his jaw and onto your skin.

And your fists were clenching the shirt of his costume as if he was the last thing in the world left to hold onto.

He protected you from the blast-- pulled you out of the way and pinned you down when the ceiling had crumbled.

But he was just as wide eyed as you. If not, more so.

Thing is: he didn't expect Deku to do that. Even if he had, he would've never imagined that his power would've completely demolished the building.

So why on earth did he and his reflexes try and protect you.

"Should I- uh," You started to speak, swallowing because your throat was so dry from breathing that hard, "Should I tell you to get off me before I set you on fire, or?"

Your attempt to be humorous could not have been timed any worse.

What had happened was:
Deku used his quirk to cause an extreme pressure build up. This led to the smoke clearing, the ground splitting in two, and Shoto regaining the ability to freeze the entire room with the weapon inside it. This contained Iida and allowed Uraraka to touch and get the weapon.

What they didn't expect was so much collateral.

"The hero team," All Might announced, "Wins!"

But Bakugo wasn't even listening.

He was staring down at you, still trying to understand how the hell he ended up sacrificing his fight against Deku, his last punch, and his fricken back for you.