Chapter 32

"Gabby's on shift, I ordered in pizza and I got you this" He puts the flowers and sweets down on the coffee table.

"I wanted to stay at the hospital for the evening, so you could feel how it feels when you don't know where your partner is."

"Baby, I'm sorry" He exclaims, "I promise I won't do it again"

She nods, "give me a fizzer"

Antonio smiles as he hands her the sweet. "Forgive me?"

"I sound neurotic Tony, but please don't do it again. Fortunately Jay was here that evening to tell me. I never want to hear from a morgue that my husband is dead."

"Hey" Antonio wraps his arms around her waist, "I'm not going anywhere Sienna. I give you my word"

She throws her arms around his neck and brings his face down to hers in a knee-weakening kiss. "I love you Dawson, you're an idiot but I love you."

He smiles brightly at her, "I love you too gorgeous girl. You forgive me?"

She pecks his lips a few times, "I forgive you. Can we eat the pizza now, I'm starving?"

Antonio laughs and tells her he'll heat the pizza. Sienna goes upstairs to change into Antonio's button up shirt and meets him back at the TV. He has already heated up the pizza and switched on an action movie. When he looks at her his jaw drops, "We can forget all about the pizza baby"

"No detective" She smirks, "I'm hungry"

"I'm hungry for you" He smirks, nibbling at her neck. She gives him a look, "That sucked."

"I know" He sulks causing her to laugh. She kisses his jaw and makes herself comfortable against him and a flannel blanket.

**

Sienna falls asleep like she always does with half her body on Antonio's lap. He's awake, stroking her hair while watching a Blackhawks' game.

He fishes his vibrating phone out of his jean pocket. Jay's calling.

"Hey man" He answers

'Hey, you home?'

"Yeah, we are."

'Cool, I'm coming in'

Antonio smirks when Jay waltzes into the house. He and Gabby use their keys as though it's their house.

"What, did you wait outside?"

Jay shrugs, throwing him a beer, "I did."

"What's up man?"

He seethes, "Erin's gone man."

"What do you mean?" Antonio frowns

"I just talked to Voight, Intelligence got an ultimatum – either Erin goes or Intelligence folds. She's gone, left me a damn note."

"Ah man, I'm sorry."

Jay shakes his head, "5 years of her stringing me along and she just up and left. I wasted my time with her."

**

The two are still drinking beers when Sienna wakes up. She sits up when she sees Jay, "What's wrong?"

He gives the sleepy girl a smile, she's barely awake and so incoherent you can tell her to roll in the snow buck naked and she might to do it. He shakes his head, "go back to sleep Fizz, I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"

She doesn't put up a fight and cuddles deeper into Antonio's stomach. Her husband smirks, "Want something stronger than beer?"

Jay nods, "Definitely."

"Alright" He picks Sienna up bridal style, "I'm going to put her in bed, there's vodka in the liquor cabinet."

He walks up the stairs with Sienna still asleep. She can really sleep through everything. He puts her in bed and pulls the covers over her. "Love you baby"

He kisses her lips and then runs down. Jay's already sitting down drinking a shot of vodka.

"Uh, do you want to talk about it?" Antonio awkwardly asks, causing Jay to chuckle.

"I'm good. I just want to drink man"

"Thank God. I'm bad at talking about feelings"

Jay laughs harder, "I know that. That's why we have Si in our lives."

**

Sienna's spending her off day spring cleaning the house. It's been a couple of days since Erin left for New York. Jay's not handling it all too well. He's angry – furious, even and heartbroken. She has just put another load into the washer when the doorbell rings.

"Maggilicious" Sienna beams as she lets her friend in, "This is a very nice surprise"

Maggie gives her a look, "I saw you yesterday"

She clicks her tongue, "Come in pretty girl. You want coffee – I have chocolate cake?"

"That'll be nice" Maggie whispers. Sienna frowns, "Maggie? What's wrong?"

"I will tell you after I get that slice of cake"

Sienna smiles and beckons her over to the kitchen, she pours them both a freshly brewed cup of coffee and slices two cakes.

Sienna sits down on the island chair across from Maggie. "So what's going on in that head of yours?"

"You're the closest friend I have in Chicago, Si."

Sienna frowns, "Well with exception of Jay, you are my best friend Mags, and you can tell me anything."

Maggie inhales sharply, "I want to donate my kidney to a patient"

Her words barely go through Sienna before the blonde frowns in shock and surprise, "W-wait, w-what?"

"Sydney Hawkins grew up near me. She came in a few weeks ago with sepsis. I should've helped her then but I send her on her way. She needs help Si, and I want to give it to her. Today, she came in because her dialysis wasn't working"

"What about UNOS or a family member?"

"She's on the bottom of the transplant list because she's a damn sex worker. Sienna, I need to do this. April did a blood draw for me and I'm a match"

Sienna tries to come with words, she ends up rubbing her face in frustration. "Have you told Sharon?"

"She found out on her own, she got a call from the transplant committee and tried to talk me out of it but I'm doing it."

"You're aware of the risks?"

"I am"

"You know it's unethical to donate an organ for a patient?"

"I do know that" She smirks, "Sharon already told me I'm out of sick days so I can lose my job. I'm aware of everything that can happen. I'm going to do it."

Sienna takes Maggie's hand in hers, "Well then, it seems you have made up your mind. I've got your back on this Maggie, but take a day and think it over – sleep on it."

"I'm not sleeping on anything Si. I'm doing this"

Sienna smiles slightly, "Tell me why you want to do this for her – what makes her different than any other patient?"

"Nothing" Maggie smiles, "I see so many tragedies; I would do it for anyone Sienna."

"Alright, then I've got your back"

Maggie beams and hugs her tightly, "I knew you would have."

"You tell me the time and day, and I'm there in the gallery."