𝐢. the legalities

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - the legalities

━━━━━━━

𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 and truly adjusted to life back in the real world. She still didn't quite have the patience for people who wasted her time and more often than not, her anger still controlled her. The forty-one-year-old still in her twenty-two-year-old body still missed her brother with all that remained of her cold and numb heart, but she had to get used to life without her other half.

She was a siphon, an abomination to all witches and due to her connection to magic, vampires and wolves were not particularly fond of her either. Unless she made alliances and friends with the right people, she would have a permanent target on her back from all factions of the supernatural.

This is exactly why, on that night when the magic of the Harvest pulled her from the prison world, she saved Marcel Gerard and the tween witch he had tried to shield, Davina Claire.

Marcel and Davina held looks of shock when they witnessed the woman drain a witch of their magic and use it to save the pair. That's exactly what the siphon needed.

It had certainly worked in her favor, Marcel had approached her, Davina clutching his hand tightly, and thanked her. Davina, who eventually found her voice, choked out her own thanks as she blinked away the tears that had clouded her vision.

From that day onward, Ophelia had stayed with Marcel. Davina Claire was the only Harvest witch to survive that night, and so, all the magic that should have gone back into the earth, the magic that had saved Ophelia, stayed with Davina. Making the sixteen-year-old the most powerful witch in New Orleans.

It was perfect for Ophelia; the tweenaged witch owed Ophelia, as did Marcel, and Ophelia couldn't help the smug smile that appeared on her plump lips at the fact that she had been back in the real world for less than five minutes and had already managed to secure herself an alliance with the vampire who had an all-powerful witch by his side.

It didn't take long for Marcel to gain control over the entire French Quarter; the vampires looked up to him, the humans couldn't mess with a vampire, let alone the siphon and witch by his side. Both Ophelia and Davina had instantly agreed to help Marcel gain control of the witches; Davina could sense when magic was being used and Marcel would arrive on the scene with Ophelia who would drain the witch's power and leave Marcel to deal with the rest. All that had been left were the wolves who occupied the swampland that was the Bayou; they weren't an issue at all; Marcel had managed to procure a spell that would reverse the wolves curse. Rather than turning into a wolf on the full moon; it was flipped, their natural state was to be the body of a wolf, only turning back into a human once a month, on the full moon.