A Bed Of Clouds

Vic POV
"I sleep in the clouds, dream in the sky,
I'll keep dreaming as life passes me by,
I think my dreams keep me sane,
I dream of happiness, a life without pain,
some people say I'm stuck in this place,
and I'll never go anywhere,
but in my dreams I've already been there,
I know some day I'll have to wake up,
but I feel the real world is more like a nightmare,
I'm safe in my closed eye wonderland,
this poem goes to all the dreamers that understand,
no matter what they say...
keep your dreams but don't dream your life away,
Ashley .L. May"

I folded the note into a small square and placed it in the pocked of my navy blue sweatshirt.

Everyday Jaime place a poem in my locker and everyday I read it and keep in in my pocket. Then when I get home I give it to Papa and he gives it to Mama.

And she smile cause she loves poetry as much as me.

It may sound lame but I fell in love with poetry at a young age. I love reading,I really do. I have a little library in my room. I have all kind of books,and when I got bored Mama gave me her poetry book. And I loved themץ

People make fun off me cause if that.

I don't really care.

Jaime on the other hand like poetry as much as I do.

We met at forth period brake.

"Hey babe what's up?" He smiled and mouthed at me,kissing me on the cheek and sending waves of warmth and redness to my cheeks.

"Pretty good! I loved the poem today." I wrote and showed him,he smiled widely and his dimples made an appearance.

Jaime dimples are beautiful and they make him look like a huge teddy bear,which he is.

"What are you doing today? Madre makes nachos and burritos!" He said,his deep brown eyes showing excitement over the Mexican food. I took a minute to think about him while looking at him.

He was wearing a mouse grey sweater and a pair of warn out blue jeans. He was wearing a pair of Doctor Martins shoes and his spiked hair wad pretty much everywhere.

"I'll ask Mama and tell you." I wrote and he smiled.

"I have to get to Physics,see you at lunch." He mouthed and kissed me on the lips. My cheeks turning deep red as his soft lips lend on mine. Leaving his sweet iced coffee taste on mines.

He walked to Physics and I found my way to Math.

I found my place next to Kellin who was talking to Justin.

"Dude I can't have you over today,Janny is coming over."

"You must be joking me! My parents have been fighting for the last month! What about bros before hoes?!"

"Fuck your rhymes I'm tired of spooning your skinny ass!" He said and I laughed.

"You can stay over at mine's,my mum wouldn't mind." I signed over to Kellin.

He was wearing a white T shirt with a dark red pocked and sleeves. He had a dark red beanie to match his dark red TOMS and a pair of ripped in the knees black skinny jeans.

His blue orbs were staring at my hands.

"Really?" He signed,looking a bit embarrassed.

"Sure! What friend are for?" I signed and he smiled a bit,his perfect white teeth showing.

"What do you mean no?" Jaime pouted,his deep brown eyes turning puppy like after I told him I wont be coming over for dinner. "Kellin's coming over Jaime,sorry."

"Really? You choose Kellin over me?"

"Stop being an idiot." I said,punching him in the arm.

"Fine ugh bye Viccy." He said and kissed me,after that Kellin showed up.

"Sup Kells?" Said Jaime and looked at him.

"Jaime..." Kellin faked a smile and Jaime took off,He really don't like him. I wonder why.

"Let's go, Ma and Mike are waiting." We both went outside to see my little brother sitting on the side walk,eating chocolate. Jaime gives him a small chocolate bar every time he see's him.

There's no need to say Mike likes Jaime.

We both sat next to him.

"Who gave you that chocolate hot shoot?" I signed at him.

"You boyfriend." He signed and laughed.

Mama came by shortly and picked us home.

She talked with Kellin a lot. Thanking him for accepting me so fast and learning sign language.

"Wow Miss Fuentes you have such a lovely homey home,its so warm!" He signed to Mama who smiled. Our house was small and in a big building in the sides of New York. It was nothing comparing to his amazing house but I guessed he liked it.

He even liked dinner.

As the night start coming down on NY we both got into bed. The warmth of both of our body's under the blanket keep us from freezing in this cold New York night.

"Vic?" Kellin wrote with his finger in my arm and I faced him.

"What?" I signed.

"My parents never called to ask where I am,I was out of the house for a week now." "My parents didn't want me when I was born. I lived till the age five with my Abuelita alone till the age of two and with them and her till the age of five."

We fell into silence,our hands playing with them self,we didn't know what to say.

And then something happened.

Kellin hugged me,real hard.

His pale skinny arms were covering my body and slowly mine gave in and wad covering his pale torso. I buried my head in his neck and he moved my hair aside a bit.

My stomach was filled with wild butterfly's who bump into everything and made me feel warm and fuzzy and loved.

Kellin made me feel warm and fuzzy and loved.

And it was bitter cause Jaime didn't do it yet,but my mind didn't have time to keep thinking about it for too long cause my eyelids gave up and sweet sleep washed me over...

And I fell asleep happily
I fell asleep on a bed of clouds and dreamt in the sky...