Chapter Eighteen

[I live in California and have only seen snow three times in my life so that's why Christmas isn't really an exciting time for me. Sad, I know. Comment, Vote, Enjoy! ♡]

|Zayn|

There's a soft knock on my door, followed by my mum's voice. "Sweetie, do you want something to eat?"

I walk towards the door and open it. She stands there with a plate on her hands. She smiles up at me.

"I--I...I'm not feeling really hungry" she bites down on her lip and stares at me from head to toe.

"Are you sure? You've lost quite a lot of weight...I want you to be healthy Zayn. I'm trying to act like I haven't noticed the drugs underneath your pillows but still...I'm worried. I know if I tell you to stop, you won't do it so instead I'll all ask you to stop for your own good"

She says before she's walking away. I trying, I really am. I want to stopping its too late. I want help but I'm not afraid to ask for it.

I shut the door and walk towards my desk. I remove some books out of my book shelf and pull out the pack of cigarettes. I walk to my bed and lie down, I open the pack and almost have a heart attack when I notice there's no more. I stand up and pace around the room.

I rub my wrist until it turns red. I grab my phone and dial Steven's number.

"Ello?" He answers cheerfully.

"Stev, I--I ran out...I need more, right now!"

"Woah mate, chill, got no more. Probably will have till the end of this week or somethin'"

"Are you fucking kidding me? I can't,  I--I..I need something! You don't understand" 

"No can do amigo, I promise you I'll have something for you just not right at this moment"

Without further do, I hang up. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't just stand here like a fucking idiot.

I ran my hand through my hair before I check my wallet. It had to be here...somewhere...

Aha!

I pull out my fake ID before I'm running out of the house.

-

After walking about 20 minutes. I finally see it. The small shop with the sign 'Smoke shop' on top.

I sigh in relief and walk a little faster. The lad smiles at me when he sees me.

"Aye, what can I get you?" He asks. With shaky hands, I point to the blue packet. He smiles and reaches out for them.

"4.11" he says. I'm taking out my wallet before he squirts his eye and looks at me closely.

"You look quite young, mate. How old are you?"

"20" I say nervously before swallowing the lump that had formed in ny throat. My throat felt dry...

"Sorry but I'll have to see some sort of ID" he says. I pull out the fake ID from my back pocket and show it to him.

"Oh okay then all's good"  he says smiling again. I nod and put it back.

"How much did you say it was again?"

"4.11" he repeats. I look at my wallet and oh...I only have three.

"Look I really need these but I've only got 3" I say desperately. He makes a face and shakes his head.

"I'm sorry but it's against the rules, I can't do that"

I pinch my hand and clench my jaw. Before I know what I'm doing, I grab the packet and run off. The guy yells after me but I continue running.

What had I become? A drug addict, robber...what else was left of me? There's was no hope for me.

|Louis|

"Niall, why has zayn changed?" Niall looks up at me and shrugs.

"I'm not sure, what have you done to him?"

"Nothing. Did I have to do something in order for the change in his behavior" 

"Well yeah...zayn gets mad easily. He likes things his way and if you think other wise...well he will become a pain in the arse" he chuckles.

"Oh..." I say thoughtfully.

"Something else? Seems like you've got other things in mind"

"Zayn and...Harry...what happened between them?"

"Good question. To be honest,  I don't know. Zayn doesn't like talking about it. All I know is that they used to talk but then I think something happened that made them stop talking. I dunno..."

"How come you don't know? Haven't you been zayn's best mate since like forever?"

He snorts "What? No. Who ever said that? I met zayn in 9th grade. Three years ago mate. Don't think that's a lot of time."

"Oh, I just thought. You knew him longer..."

"Nah. If I had. By now I should know who the first guy that zayn dated is"

Wait what?