Chapter Two: The Flight of my Life

::Chapter 2::

          Abigal and I debated for awhile on what I should do now. We finally decided to just act as if nothing happened even though she kept begging to see my wings again. Now that I was feeling better I sort-of wanted to fly, but after my last experience I wanted to wait until I could control my wings better. Today didn't really feel like it was my birthday because it was just like any other day aside from my wings. My dad was working, as always, and I don't even think he remembered my birthday, but he never did so it didn't surprise me. The last time we actually celebrated my birthday was 10 years ago. My dad's relationship with Abigal and me...wasn't that great. There really wasn't much at all, but as a part of the 'lay low' plan, I wasn't going to tell my dad about my wings. He probably wouldn't care.

       The day went on and I was caught in the dalliance of my wings. I made sure to close all of the blinds and curtains in the house so no one would see me. I stretched them out as far as I could down the hallway and I slowly moved them up and down. I got the hang of it and I had the sudden urge to run outside and fly off across the ocean. I was starting to like them. They were beautiful. They were approximately 10 feet long and they were dark golden brown and there were spots of white, tan and dark brown the size of freckles. The feathers were so soft I could use them as a pillow. They looked so delicate that you could break them as easy as you could make a ripple in a pond. The initial pain left my body and it didn't hurt to move my wings anymore. I started to fall into my temptation and I left my house and into my back yard to see what it really was like to fly. With my wings folded against my back, I shot up into the air and used my wings to propel me higher into the air. I would be out of sight once I flew through the clouds.

     It was exhilarating to be flying up in the air when I could finally control my wings. I flew higher than the clouds and it was beautiful. It was like I was on an airplane with a seat that could see through all of the windows. It was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shinning and the clouds below looked like giant fluffy cotton balls. I tried a few tricks when I was flying. I even tried a few loop-dee-loops and it felt like I was on a roller-coaster. I tried flying really fast and as the clouds moved past me, and the wind blowing in my face I knew that this was one of the best birthdays...ever! I had been flying for a long time now and I knew Abigal would be worried so I started to slowly descend and make my way towards my house. Once the clouds started to thin out I was able to see my house so I folded my wings and I let myself continue to fall through the air. After a couple seconds went by and I was considerably closer to my house I unfolded my wings and I felt them yank me up five feet above the ground. Slowly I descended until my feet both touched the ground. I folded them back up as soon as I had a steady stance on the ground and I then walked back into the house. I shut the door behind me and turned to see Abigal by the window turn to me with her jaw open in awe.

      "That was...awesome, the way you landed like that! I was afraid you were gonna fall until you hit the ground. You are so lucky! "Abigal said excitedly.

      "Do you think anyone saw me?" I asked, fingers crossed and I nearly had a heart attack when the doorbell rang.

      "I'll get it. You just cover your wings." Abby whispered as she proceeded towards the door. I ran over to the couch and put my jacket on.

      "Alex. It's Peyton. She was wondering if you wanted to come and hang out at her house." Abigal called from the other room. I walked into the living room and over to the door and I was about to respond when Peyton said...

     "Happy Birthday!" Peyton said as I let out a sigh of relief. She pulled out a box from behind her back. It had bright and sparkly teal wrapping paper on it and a lime green bow on the top. "Happy 16th! Al-Al!" Al-Al was my nickname that she called me and I call her Pey-Pey, it's a long story.