Chapter 23: Recovery

Angel's POV:
One Week Later*

As I washed the dishes, I looked over at Ace. He was watching TV. I've been worried about him since he got out of the hospital. He's in recovery right now. The doctors said that whatever tea he drank, it was spiked with hard poison. The doctor said that Ace was lucky to fight it off somehow. What he doesn't know is that Ace is a werewolf. I was so scared to lose him. At the hospital, his heart monitor was slowing down.

I was freaking out. His heart rate became slower and slower. I freaked out and lost control. I unplugged his heart monitor and it flat lined. I grabbed the defibrillator and shocked Ace myself. I used my powers to help charge it up enough deliver a powerful shock to Ace's body. It was strong enough to help him survive. He regained feeling in his body and he could move again.

I was in so much trouble for doing what I did but I did it for Ace. I didn't wanna lose him again. I felt arms around me. I jumped. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. I called your name." Ace said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What are you doing up? Go rest Ace." I said, pushing him away. He didn't budge. "Angel why are you washing dishes?" He asked. "

"Because it's my turn to wash dishes." I said. "No it's my turn." He said. "Until you get better, I'll be doing your dishes. Now go lie down." I said. "Come with me." He said. "No. I have to finish these dishes." I said. He stared at me. "Go Ace!!" I yelled, trying to move him. He still didn't budge. He hugged me. That's when I broke down crying in his arms.

"Angel relax. You have got to relax." He said. "I can't-I can't Ace!!" I cried. I felt my heart race. Then Ace kissed me. It took me by surprise. He looked at me. "You were having a panic attack. Angel stop worrying about me. I am fine baby. You go relax. Go surf. Do something. Just relax. I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself." He said. I shook my head. "You still shouldn't be up Ace." I said.

"Oh I'm up." He said. I looked at him and saw he staring at my ass. "Would you-" I said, as I pushed him away from me. I walked upstairs to my room. I changed into wet suit and grabbed my surfboard. I walked downstairs and saw Ace putting on his shoes. "Where you going?" I asked. "With you." He said. He looked at me. "Angel, after what happened with Tabitha, you not leaving my sight again." He said. "Ace-" he cut me off by getting in my face.

"Yes sir." I said, as I walked around him. I knew he was gonna smack my ass so I used my surfboard to block it. "Ow!" He said. "Ah ha!!" I said. He grinned and wrapped his arms around me. We got in the car and drove off towards town. We pulled up to the beach and it was packed. "Whoa. Lot of people out here." Ace said. "Yeah. Surf tournament is coming up. Everyone wants to practice as much as possible." I said.

I looked at him. "Speaking of practice, have you been practicing?" I asked. "I don't like practicing without you." He said. "Well come on. We're gonna stay here in front of everyone. I don't want Tabitha to figure out our secret beach." I said. We got out and walked over to the beach. Everyone greeted me. Once again, they all wanted autographs and pictures. I couldn't really hide it any longer that I was dating Ace.

Everyone started to question why he and I were always together and the adopted best friends things wasn't cutting it anymore. I grabbed Ace's hand and held it as we walked along the beach. Everyone started to take pictures of us. I looked up at Ace. He was staring at out the water. "Can you go first Angel?" He asked. "Sure and Ace? You're in no danger. There's plenty of lifeguards out here that can rescue you if you go under." I said.

"I'm more worried about a shark attacking me or getting stung by a jellyfish." He said. "Shark season is over with and being stung by a jellyfish is better than being bitten by a shark." I said. I kissed him before running out into the water. I paddled out to a wave and surfed it. I looked over and saw Ace watching me carefully. Some other surfs rode my wave. I glided across the wave.