Chapter Twenty-Seven: For the First time

"Are you gonna tell me what happened with Aiden last night?" Ava asks as she continues to carefully place sparkles over my blinding highlight, purposely overdone for the music festival today

I look down sadly. After everything happened with Aiden, I found the girls and practically begged for us to leave. I didn't want to ruin everyone's fun, but I was scared to leave alone. I asked if at least one of them wanted to head back and they decided the pack moves together.

Gosh, I love my friends.

Ava kept pestering me about what happened and since she saw Aiden getting shit faced and making out with some random girl in fishnet stockings and a black lace bra, only, she had a feeling it had to do with him.

But I didn't want to talk about it. We still had the rest of the weekend ahead of us and I didn't want to taint it with my bad mood and anger towards Aiden.

Smiling at her sadly as she examines her work, I tell her, "I don't wanna talk about it. And I definitely don't want it to affect our day!" I slap my thighs with my hands and stand up once I realize she's done. Looking into the mirror I smile at the tasteful contrast between my tan skin, the shining highlighter/sparkles, and my blood-red colored lips, "This looks amazing, Ava!"

She smiles proudly at me, the purple-hued highlighter that sculpts her face is glistening just as bright at her smile, "Yeah. I did a pretty good job," she says smugly, "But don't change the subject. What happened?"

I exhale deeply and walk from the mirror to sit on our shared queen-sized bed, "We had a fight. He said some pretty awful things and I spazzed on him. Short story even shorter, whatever we had is over," I say, sounding way more upset than I originally intended.

Ava comes to sit by me, putting her arms on my shoulder, "I've seen you guys. The way you guys act around each other, the secret smiles, the blushing, the sneaking off. You'll get past this," she says, surprising me with her words.

I didn't think she was paying so much attention to Aiden and I. But all that stuff was just us trying to fool around and get a little action before returning to reality. A way worse reality where we weren't actually together and would never be.

"I don't know about that but, we should meet up with everyone and head to the festival! I want to get a good spot," I quickly get up from the bed and examine my outfit one last time, high-waisted shorts with a brown belt and a white lace bra covered by a diamond mesh shirt that belongs to Ava, and make my way to the door.

"L-let's go!" I stutter awkwardly and practically run into the door before slowly turning the doorknob and walking out calmly instead. I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen before stopping from the sight of a complete stranger in nothing but an oversized t-shirt pouring herself a cup of coffee.

Who in the fuck is she?

"Who in the fuck are you?" I ask out loud, sounding rude because I have a gut-wrenching feeling I knew who's overnight guest this was.