Chapter Four: Womanizer

~ Ruin My Life  ❀   Zara Larsson ~

I finally made my way to the, surprisingly, pretty empty kitchen. I could hear his footsteps behind me.

He wasn't slick.

I acted as if I didn't hear anything and moved toward the counter where red solo cups were stacked on top of each other. My short self struggled to reach the top of the stack and I almost fumbled onto all of it, but hands gripped my waist caught me before I had the chance.

Flustered and annoyed I turned around to face Aiden, a very close Aiden.

"Having trouble there?" he says, shifting his eyes between the top of the stack to mine with a look of amusement on his face.

I gulp a little louder than I would have liked before breaking eye contact with him.

"Just wanted to get a cup of water," I said looking anywhere but his face, which was still a little too close.

His smirk widens as he cranes his neck upward a bit, eyeing the top of the stack before his eyes make their way back to mine. Slowly he grabs a cup without breaking our eye contact.

Where am I again?

I almost forgot about the world around until he brought the red solo cup right in between me, handing it to me.

Oh, yeah.

I break away from his stare and get out from under his trap, finally getting my senses back when I hear the song Ruin My Life by Zara Larsson blasting on the main speaker.

I take the cup to the sink, fill it with water and begin chugging it down like I haven't drunk anything in days before I finally turn around and lean against the counter.

Aiden mirrors my stance on the counter and lets out a chuckle before taking a sit of his drink, which I assume is a beer from the faint smell of it on his breath earlier.

"Mariana Torres," he says like he's testing out my name on his tongue. I have to admit, it sounded really good coming out of his mouth.

"Aiden Grey," I say back, happy that my voice sounded strong and sure.

Acting skills are killin' it.

"I like the last name Torres. Does it mean anything?" He isn't looking at me but rather staring into his cup.

I furrow my brows a bit, wondering why he's attempting small talk with me right now.

"Um... I don't know. It means 'towers' in Spanish, but other than that I'm not sure it has some amazing connection to anything else," I say with a chuckle as I sip on my water.