Chapter Eight :You're Smiling Like A Horny Guy On A Dodgy Street Corner

A huge thank you to eiffeltowerr for the really really REALLY cute banner on the side. It has a quote from this chapter and is just melting my heart <3 Thank you!

Chapter Eight :You're Smiling Like A Horny Guy On A Dodgy Street Corner

I wake up the next morning due to the annoying morning light that seems to be so annoyingly streaming through my window. I groan and roll onto my side so that my face presses into the sheets and mentally curse myself for not drawing the curtains before going to bed. I pull my fluffy purple blanket over my head and try going back to sleep, if you're an O'Connell then eight hours of sleep are never enough trust me.

However even as I'm trying to slip into a deep slumber I can sense that something's different and it's irking me. I'm still too warm and comfortable in my bed to actually get up and see why it is that sleeping in-an experience which I cherish more than life itself at times is getting so bothersome. Then I sense it, the reason why my stupid brain refuses to shut down and let me get some sleep, I know what the difference is.

My sheets don't smell like the peach blossom scented detergent our cleaner uses, actually they do but it's like that smell's been overwhelmed by something stronger, something much more delectable and inviting and before I allow myself to greedily inhale more of the delicious scent my brain goes into overdrive and warning bells sound in my head. This smell does not belong to me, this smell cannot be associated with any of my family members because there's only one person that I know who could leave traces of such a scent and I really don't want to think about the how's and the why's regarding that particular situation.

Sleep abandons me immediately when I realize that I'm no longer sleeping but just lying down and acting like an obsessed stalker whilst smelling my sheets. My rise from the bed is nothing like those scenes in the movies where the girl's face gets illuminated by the sunlight as she so gracefully gets up and stretches, thrilled to welcome the new day.

Instead I groan and grunt stomping my feet on the ground, cranky because I really could do with more sleep. I yawn opening my mouth widely and run my hand through the tangled mess that is my hair, I think I really should cut it sometime soon.

"Aren't you the perfect little lady?"

My eyes are still encrusted by the remnants of sleep so I have to squint and focus to make out the person who has the nerve to bug me when I'm feeling like a cave woman who hasn't had any food. Of course it's him, who else could it possibly be? Cole leans against the door smirking at me looking ridiculously good for whatever god darn time it is. I could say that I've forgotten about him sleeping in the same bed as me, I could say that seeing him has my jaw dropping or my eyes bulging out of their sockets or my blood pressure rising but that would be a lie.

It just seems like routine to have him around me all the time and it's starting to scare me knowing how used to him I am.

"Not in the mood." I mutter grouchily and lock myself in my bathroom though I can still hear him cackling outside.

Even though I took a shower before going to bed last night I still feel grimy and hence allow myself to be assaulted by the hot water as it rouses me out of my zombie like state. Once I'm as shiny and new as a baby's bottom I brush my teeth and pull on my robe. Thankfully Cole has decided to leave me or rather my room alone, seriously though it seems like the guy is in a relationship with my bed-he never leaves! Afraid that he might barge in any given second, I lock my door and walk towards my closet.

Usually it takes me about two minutes to pick an outfit seeing how as I dress up like Ernie our resident homeless guy down the street, all the time but for some vague reason I find myself itching to go through the Untouched Collection and I only do that when I know I'll be seeing Jay a lot.