Draco Malfoy x Kimberly Knox

Requested by (ForCenturies)

Tonight is the night. No hesitation. No regrets. No more. I thought as I walked down the steps to the dungeons. I had been contemplating killing myself for years now. Lately my thoughts had escalated. The Gryffindor girls always taunted me about how I had a not so feminine build and acted nothing like a slytherin. I was bullied constantly and thought very low of myself. I'm in my sixth year now. Harry Potter had been labeled nutter and accused of going insane. I never joined in with the Slytherins when they bullied others but I never went against them either.

"Knox, help these two idiots cast an unforgivable curse." Draco Malfoy demanded.

"Do I look like your servant Malfoy? Becaude I don't recall ever being paid." I snapped.

"That can be arranged." He replied with a smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes.

"You teach them. You have more experience than I do." I replied walking towards the girls dorm.

"Kimberly. Can I speak with you?" Malfoy asked changing his attitude all the sudden. He was staring at my arm. My robe had shifted and I hadn't noticed, exposig my cut up right arm. I looked up him with wide eyes and shifted my cloak back quickly. "Crabbe, Goyle leave. Now." He said shoving the two boys off.

"KImberly, why didn't you tell me?" Draco asked softening his gaze.

"What is there to tell? Even if I had thought to tell someone I was too afraid to speak with Dumbledore and be sent off to St Mungo's." I replied looking defiantly at him. Draco reached out and pushed a strand of Gold Blonde hair behind my ear. His finger lingered on my ear as he looked at the diamond stud piercing in my upper part of my ear.

"You know I may treat you coldly at times but it's only because I'm a slytherin." He spoke removig his hand from my ear. I looked up at him with my hazel eyes and gave a small weak smile.

"This is not because of you. I am not meant to be a Slytherin everyone knows that. My family was killed recently and I've been bullied since I got back. I have no home but here. MY only other option is St Mungo's like Lockhart. You occasionally giving me a cold shoulder is only a small problem. I'm surrounded by cold shoulders lately and homeless. How would you feel." I replied feeling a tear slide down my cheek.

"Kim, I had no clue...." He replied brushing away the tear. "How about to make it up and have some fun. We go to hogsmead and skip class?" Draco asked slightly blushing.

"Well... I did have plans..." I replied thinking back to my thoughts of killing myself tonight.

"If your thinking I'm letting you go to your room tonight where you could possibly end it as your plan then you better cancel it." Draco replied pulling me in for a hug. I stiffened shocked. What is going on? Draco isn't quite a friend but he isn't an enemy either. I knew I kind of liked him but he would treat me so coldly at times. I slowly relaxed and hugged him back.

"Thank you Draco." I replied puling away.

"No problem. So how about that date?" Draco asked giving me a big grin.

"You're weird. I like that." I replied laughing as I tried to walk away.

"Hold up. I was serious. I'm not letting you go up there alone. I'm not losing you." Draco countered as he grabbed my hand to stop me.

"I'm not sleeping in the common room. Who knows what will happen to me then." I replied thinking about the Slytherin bullies that shared this room with me.

"I'll keep watch. After all they know better than to mess with two pure bloods." Draco replied dragging me over to a couch. Draco took a seat on one end and made me rest my head in his lap. "Goodnight (y/n)." Came Draco's soft voice as I drifted off to sleep.