The Unknown

Starting at a new school is always a difficult task. Starting at a new school, and having to make new friends, and meet new people is even harder. Having to do all of that shit, and be a senior? That shit’s impossible. 

But that’s what I have to go through. I guess it’s kind of my fault though. Lemme tell you guys about my story, who I am, and how I got myself into this predicament.

 My name is Dylan, Dylan Bernice Anthony. Yes, I have a guy name, I’m aware. I was born and raised in New York. I’m seventeen years old, and like I said before, a senior in high school. I’m biracial, and I love it. My father is from Portugal, and my mother is from Jamaica. Well, that’s what the adoption agency told me. Honestly, I have no idea what happened to my parents. The adoption agency never told me that they died, went missing, or anything like that. They just told me their races, and that they loved me. I’ve been in foster care since I can even remember. Unlike most of the stories that you hear, I didn’t move from home to home. I’m not a bad kid who beats up their foster parents. I got too much shit to worry about.  Fuck I look like hitting my foster mom? I had been living with a sweet couple named the Jenkins from before I could even remember to last year. One day, I came home from school, and noticed that someone had fucked with my stash. When I say stash, I really mean my weed. Weed was the only reason why I wasn’t in prison at this moment. Anyways, I confronted my foster parents about it, and long story short, I got kicked out of the house, and got sent back to foster care. 

Luckily for me, a young couple who couldn’t have children happened to find out about me, and adopted me on the spot. Sounds perfect, right? Wrong. The Kennedy’s, my new foster parents live in Los Angeles. So last week, I hopped on a plane, with a few thousands in my bank account, and a couple of suitcases, and moved to LA to join the Kennedy’s. 

Senior starts in almost twenty four hours, and honestly I’m scared as fuck. I usually have this hard exterior, and act like I don’t give a fuck, but honestly I do. Once people get to know me, they realize that I’m really artistic, and super sweet. I just don’t let a lot of people in, so they never get to see the real Dylan. Whenever people see me, they see a pretty girl with nice hair. They never see the girl who smokes weed every night to stop herself from going insane. They never see the girl who has absolutely no idea who her parents are. They never see me.