33. A Secret Relationship

~ Finally time for some Fluff ™! :) ~

~ Finally time for some Fluff ! :) ~

33. A Secret Relationship

Legolas had never looked happier and Wynne knew she wore that same silly, ear-to-ear smile plastered on her own face. She felt giddy, like she had downed a full skin of firewater.

"I wish I could plait you again and show everyone you are mine." He softly combed through her hair with his fingers, giving her goosebumps all over.

She giggled. "So that's what it means. And you did it without explaining, you sly elf."

"You liked it, did you not?" His eyes sparkled with mischief.

"Loved it. I'm terrible at plaiting or I would redo yours." She stroked the fuzzy remains of a fishtail braid on the side of his head.

Confirmed within the healer's room for several days, he had only had access to the small washing bowl in the lavatory. Despite that, his golden strands were incredibly soft and silky.

It felt strange she was actually allowed to do this. To sit close to Legolas, to touch his hair – a dream coming true, literally.

She pushed a strand behind his ear and brushed over its curiously pointed tip, letting a finger trace it down to his earlobe. It provoked an unexpected reaction; his gaze became intense, pupils wide and dark, almost like before when he had taken too much poppy seed. He obviously enjoyed her touch.

She nearly drowned in his eyes, half-closed under long lashes, amazed at the flutter of emotions simply looking at him provoked in her.

She studied his face, so familiar, yet foreign. She had always observed him from a distance, or stolen quick glances, but now she was able to pore over every detail. The shape of his eyebrows, the hue of his soft skin, learning each turn and curve of his upper lip.

She saw him doing the same with her features and the flutter increased. Was he memorizing her looks too?

He began to caress her hair again, making her shiver and the skin in the nape of her neck tingle. His lips were parted and suddenly she couldn't take her eyes off them. She loved how even when he was serious their corners had a tiny upturn, like an ever-present hint of a smile. What would it feel like to be kissed by them?

He made no move to do so, but it certainly looked like he wanted to.

Inspired by Sidra's bold kisses in front of everybody, Wynne took the matter in her own hands. She leaned closer and let her lips brush lightly against his.

It was so brief she didn't have time to register how it felt, so she repeated it, kissing him closer, trying to move her lips like she had seen Sidra do.

The second kiss affected her unexpectedly. Warmth filled her chest but at the same time a thrill along her spine gave her goosebumps all over. His face was so near, his lips so soft. In a million years she could not have imagined it to be like this.